Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?

Ceejay29

One question I do have concerns the battery cover surround. I cannot for the life of me remember how it is fixed back to the car. I do know that the three holes at the top house black clips; it is the two holes at the bottom? I am pretty sure a rubber grommit wraps the opening, but to what side do I insert the metal nut/washer thing? And I am pretty sure four bolts should be present to fix through this opening.........can't find them?

Thanks

So I managed to escape to the garage today, first drive in the zed for weeks, feels a lot longer as I have probably driven it twice in as many months. The poor girl is filthy, still covered in Saharan dust!

Many of the sprayed parts are now on the car and I am happy with the progress/results;

IMG_3141_zps39f8ea2c.jpg

Does anybody fancy swapping a shiny blue air filter for a shiny red one :lol:

IMG_3135_zps0ccb58c3.jpg

With the carbon cover on (who would have thought a blue cone would be lurking beneath) :yuck:

IMG_3140_zps977df81e.jpg

I would have liked the gunmetal elements to be a bit darker, but it is an improvement nonetheless;

IMG_3143_zps1098e14e.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the phone pics, it does look better in the flesh (but it is no 'Mopedmarky')

Next on the agenda (after a good wash) will be to tackle the throttle body and plenum. Polishing both has always been the intention, although a darker contrast between the cover and plenum may now suit. :shrug:

• Like 6

Bonnet lifters would be a nice addition.

I'm surprised you aren't using the red K&N filter, I suppose it doesn't matter as its hidden under the cover though.

The dampers? Yes carbon ones would be nice. I was using the red one, but decided to opt for the additional one you provided as it was brand new and appeared to have a better design. ie a ram/funnel at the front if the cone that aligns with air feed?

Another minor addition;

BB25B29B-E4B5-40AC-85B0-F99DDE977AD8_zpsg34nkwge.jpg

When fitting I noticed that the plenum was caked in moisture? Pretty sure all the rubber seals are back in place. I did notice before removing parts that the plenum had water marks all over it? Any ideas?

D37F6F7A-5538-4AE3-931C-F045C5005EC3_zpsznoqhpkt.jpg

Thanks

I polihsed my OEM bolts with my dremel. Came out great but rusted within 3 months. All replaced via the Paddy group buy two months ago. Only solution is to replace them really.