spend limit?

clockwize

Nope. If I need something important (insurance, tax, tyres, something broken) then it gets bought regardless and dumped on a card if necessary. Anything else I'll either save for, or just get it anyway :lol:

I wasn't including the important stuff like tax, insurance, super chargers etc.. ;)

• Like 2

2 kids and wife - no spend limit until machine in the wall says "feck off" :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Love that :thumbs:

I'm the same a Ekona if I need it I get it or save until I can - I try not to use the card unless it's really important - insurance or something as that just buggers you up for the next month when you have to pay it back :lol:

Edited by Keyser

2 kids and wife - no spend limit until machine in the wall says "feck off" :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I have 2 kids also, weighing up new hello kitty shoes compared to a new strut brace... Her current shoes are fine, who cares about a few holes in the sole, just don't step in puddles!

• Like 2

I have 2 kids also, weighing up new hello kitty shoes compared to a new strut brace... Her current shoes are fine, who cares about a few holes in the sole, just don't step in puddles!

Cut the toes off the shoes when they get too small too, then they last for longer!

• Like 1

I dont have a spend limit as such, but I do try to save a certain amount each month. Anything extra I can save is a bonus, but I dont worry too much if I dont hit my save target.

I put all my monthly expenses on a cash back credit card and find I usually spent about a £1500 a month easily just on day-to-day living - fuel, food,bills etc excluding mortgage.

Lol I got a wife and four kids shouldn't even had a z oh well there's always public transport lol..

Spend limit save up or spend it all on payday haha.

For me it's all about I WANT IT ALL NOW but unfortunately my sensible wife says I have to wait and save so it all depends how much extra time I can get at work so some months a lot others just a little

But when I do buy toys for my zed I do really appreciate them cos sometimes I have to wait :)

Edited by tatooandy67

Well, I do have a spend limit, but that's entirely dependent on what my account balance is! I had to spend £1000 having the P3 and a new clutch / flywheel in January. Then in February another £950 went on an Invidia Gemini Cat-back... (Because exhaust was blowing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no spend limit atm but next month will be the beginning of it. I have a wedding to pay for and a house to renovate :surrender:

I have always kind of had a general feeling about how much money I had to play with that month, but in recent times with house and car stuff it's got a bit wildly out of control. Biggest problem I have is that I've worked as a salesman in the past and it makes you real good at convincing both yourself and your partner that you "need" something or that "the (man) maths makes sense".

I honestly think the best way to do it is to have the amount you want to be able to spend each month directly transferred out of your main account into a spending account. That way you have a hard limit (zero on that account) and it has to be a very concious act to pull the main card out and put it on that instead.

I have a list of things I would like to do to the car, after ploughing any spare cash and loading up credit cards on previous rx7's I am now really cautious and try to keep my eye open for 2nd hand, so unless its an essential (tyres, maintenance etc) my spending is only if the right item comes available and usually have a little saved for that eventuality. This month I have bought some track wheels and nismo s tune shocks, but for 3 to 4 months previous I bought nothing.

There a few asthetic enhancements I would like to do but really struggle to jutisfy the spending, so unless I have a good month or two at work (self employed) I am happy with the car as it stands, which I have to say, is a novelty to me and a lovely position to be in.

If i see a bargain though i cant resist, just found some tyres i really cant afford but ltd numbers available so will save in the long run :) man maths at its best ;)