tyres for your 350z...

zippypooz

Well its that time of year for me and my Zed where we both scour the web for the cheapest tyre prices...I'm running 19" Rays on mine and use Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres. Imagine my surprise when i typed in the sizes and pressed the quote button only to find a reply saying 1off Dunlop Sport maxx tyre £250!! Id thought more like £35 would be a fair price!!! :dry:

So, while chatting to a mechanic friend of mine, i told him of my distressing online experience and he kindly advised i go to an online supplier HE uses called Oponeo...so off i merrily trotted and surprise surprise, for 2 rear tyres as above: £340 delivered!! (In 4 days!!)

So, if anyone else wants to save a few bob, give them a try!!

Over and out.

:teeth:

Popped into my local garage recently to get a quote on the rears and was advised to have the tyres filled with Nitrogen. Anyone any opinions on this ??

Makes damn all difference in real world driving, but doing some serious numbers of hot laps you MAY notice a difference. If he'll do it for free, go for it, otherwise air will be fine.

Popped into my local garage recently to get a quote on the rears and was advised to have the tyres filled with Nitrogen. Anyone any opinions on this ??

Makes damn all difference in real world driving, but doing some serious numbers of hot laps you MAY notice a difference. If he'll do it for free, go for it, otherwise air will be fine.

I'm with Kyle here, asked about it for my motorcycle tyres and the bloke said air is like 80% nitrogen anyway so I didn't bother

A tyre fitters near me offer the Nitrogen refill for £40 and that (they say) is for the lifetime of the car, not the tyres, the car, but as Kyle says unless you're spending a lot of time on the track its not going to make much difference. The only time I could see it making a miniscule difference is on a really hot summers day but then I reckon that is due to soft rubber due to the heat.

I think if you were using them on a track then maybe you would consider it but air is good enough i recon!!

I also used oponeo for my winters, best price I could find and quick delivery.

I think mine came from Poland

Hawker

Hmmm they're either poland, holland or germany lol, well, in the EU anyways, cheap, fast delivery, id definately use them again.

The dude said that Nitrogen will help with keeping the tyres cool, maintaining tyre pressure & longevity but he may have been full of hot air himself. Providing there is no disadvantage to using this instead of air, I will probably go for it as he will do it free. Cheers for your posts.

I used oponeo, were cheapest by about £20 for a pair of tyres for me. Think they came from Gemany??

Looks like a few are using this website then!! Good news!! Theyre based in Holland i think.

Hence the ridiculously low price on Vreds!

Hawker

Hmmm they're either poland, holland or germany lol, well, in the EU anyways, cheap, fast delivery, id definately use them again.

I think they must just source the tyres where they are cheapest and then get them delivered direct to you (obviously adding a small charge for their efforts!)

Hawker

I think they must just source the tyres where they are cheapest and then get them delivered direct to you (obviously adding a small charge for their efforts!)

one thing i was told was that they dont put the horrendous mark ups on their tyres like we do in england.

I think i used Funky Tyres. 4x MPSS 19" tyres delievered (from the Netherlands i think lol!) in just a few days. £700ish iirc. Best tyres in the world. Ever. Grip was night-and-day compared to my previous Falken 452s (and they were a good mid-range tyre)

Pretty sure Funky Tyres are on here somewhere. It's thru this forum that i found them.

• Like 1