Posting has gone missing

I wrote a posting about a centre console with custom sat nav unit in it. I had a few replies and read it last night. I posted some photos and a reply and since then the posting has gone.

Other users also has find the post.

Any moderator know where it may have gone?

Thanks

Matt

In the for sale section (if that's where you posted it..) there are rules about posting items for sale, you probably didn't follow the rules which is why your topic has gone. The rules are right in your face when you click on the for sale sub forum so you can't miss them. :)

Oh I wasn't selling it. I was wanting to know what it was and what it was worth. Then I was gonna repost for sale once I had the details.

Can you send me a copy of the postings. As I didn't write down the answer someone gave me. I need to know what it is.

Thanks.

Create your topic again but this time use the correct sub forum! :)

http://www.350z-uk.c...whats-it-worth/

Edit: Taken from the sub forum: 100 Minimum Posts required to post in this subforum. Any posts posted elsewhere will be moved to here, if they are under the 100 minimum post amount then the post will be deleted.

Edited by mouthwash

So you are saying because I have less than 100 postings that when I do restart my posting in the appropriate forum it will then be removed? Think there could be a warning shot before deleting. Especially for newer forum users.

So you are saying because I have less than 100 postings that when I do restart my posting in the appropriate forum it will then be removed? Think there could be a warning shot before deleting. Especially for newer forum users.

Thing is, you aren't anywhere near the requirment.. It would be a bit odd if the mods were to say 'You're 80 posts short, you have 12 hours to get 80 posts', that would just promote spamming.

If you're planning to be about for a while to use and contribute to the forum then getting another 80 posts won't be a problem and at that point you can then put your what's it worth thread up! :) However, I suppose if you've only signed up to get a valuation on your item then you're sh*t out of luck.

I'm a member of a few other forums and I have to say this seems pretty hostile at times. Martinmac doesn't seem to have time for new community members who are struggling with the rules of this specific forum.

I've been a member since I bought my zed.

I have enjoyed reading the posts regularly and have learnt a lot. I didn't know I needed to comment frequently to be able to use the site effectively.

Thanks for the help and pointing out the nuances of this forum.

I'm a member of a few other forums and I have to say this seems pretty hostile at times. Martinmac doesn't seem to have time for new community members who are struggling with the rules of this specific forum.

I have enjoyed reading the posts regularly and have learnt a lot. I didn't know I needed to comment frequently to be able to use the site effectively.

I didn't realise myself to begin with and, like you, I'm more of a lurker than a poster but hey-ho, I guess if everyone on the forum acted like they have autism there wouldn't be much point coming here.

You find the longer you stick around the more you have to comment on, even if it's just your own experience on undoing a few bolts.

The rules protect other members from less-than-honorable individuals from signing up and taking advantage of peoples good will.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

In fairness, it's not just this forum that does it. Most forums have a certain post count before selling stuff rule, off the top of my head, Driftworks and Pistonheads do. At the end of the day though, rules are rules, and they are written in big red writing in the appropriate section.

Very true. Rules be rules.

So where can I post to find out what my sat nav is?

Not looking to sell. I want to know who makes it. Whether it needs more hardware. If it needs or can have updates. How it works. Whether it needs extra looms.

I'm simply looking for advice and knowledge. And from a source I trust.

Yes the rules are there for certain sub forums. I understand.

I can't sell something unless I know what it is.

Hopefully once I have found out what it is and asked the right person a few more questions, I'll be on my way to the minimum postings to attempt a selling posting or I might keep it if I get to know how it works.

Very true. Rules be rules.

So where can I post to find out what my sat nav is?

Not looking to sell. I want to know who makes it. Whether it needs more hardware. If it needs or can have updates. How it works. Whether it needs extra looms.

I'm simply looking for advice and knowledge. And from a source I trust.

Yes the rules are there for certain sub forums. I understand.

I can't sell something unless I know what it is.

Hopefully once I have found out what it is and asked the right person a few more questions, I'll be on my way to the minimum postings to attempt a selling posting or I might keep it if I get to know how it works.

Just keep posting in this thread, we'll get you to 100 posts soon :)

• Like 1

Thats a first. :wacko:

Thats a first. :wacko:

I agree. :)

Btw: Hows the giving up smoking going & the E-cig? :dry: Good I hope. ;)

• Like 1