Cloudy headlights

clockwize

I had mine done by a professional for £30. However I had made a right mess of them myself first.......

:scare: There you are! You're the one who also calls there Zed Nemo :lol:

Sorry for hijacking thread :p

Actually, his is Zemo :stir:

The way I repaired mine was to use 2000grit wet 'n' dry, then onto 2500 wet 'n' dry followed by a polish with Megs metal polish and finally topped of with a UV protectant polyurethane clear varnish from my local chandler (the way of thinking is that boats spend all of heir time in the water and are more prone to UV damage). I applied two thin layers over the lenses over two years on they still look as good as new.

So, I paid someone to come and restore my headlights, he told me some of it was inside, he did what he could and now I have really nice shiney headlights where you can really see the condensation stains inside!! They were masked a bit before with the marks on the outside lol

If it's just condensation inside, remove them and leave them in the airing cupboard overnight to dry them out, then it's just a case of making sure they're sealed properly before refitting - no need to dismantle the units at all.

It isn't condensation anymore, they're totally dry inside and have been since I bought the car, it looks like it had condensation inside for a long time and it has stained the inside of the lens.

If it's just condensation inside, remove them and leave them in the airing cupboard overnight to dry them out, then it's just a case of making sure they're sealed properly before refitting - no need to dismantle the units at all.

It isn't condensation anymore, they're totally dry inside and have been since I bought the car, it looks like it had condensation inside for a long time and it has stained the inside of the lens.

Honestly dude, clearing that will be more hassle than its worth!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Honestly dude, clearing that will be more hassle than its worth!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Don't really have much choice, it's either:

ebay special permanently and hope they don't get all condensed

£700-900 for second hand genuine set

Ebay specials until I've fixed the original set

:/

• 2 weeks later...

azy8ahe8.jpg

I used toothpaste... seemed to work pretty well followed by a lick of wax and polish to seal them..

you can see in the before picture the yellow in the headlight they turned out really well to be honest ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk