That surprised me

zxrob

Yeah there were a few videos by best motoring where the porka lost to zeds all the time on the track. I would get a bmw 335 instead...

Were all the cars standard? On similar tyres? Exactly the same skilled drivers?

If you google it you see forums posts of Boxster drivers boasting about how they beat a 350z, and vice versa on more Nissan branded forums. Both are very closely matched in terms of stats, so doubt one would completely annihilate the other and it would be a close run thing, all things being equal.

Edited by coldel

I know, the R33 does drink the juice... :p

Least the 95 ron isn't too expensive :lol:

95 ron *spit* - only put in super!

I know, I am just being a pr!ck :lol:

We need a smiley which does the 'whooocch tut' spit sound :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah there were a few videos by best motoring where the porka lost to zeds all the time on the track. I would get a bmw 335 instead...

Were all the cars standard? On similar tyres? Exactly the same skilled drivers?

If you google it you see forums posts of Boxster drivers boasting about how they beat a 350z, and vice versa on more Nissan branded forums. Both are very closely matched in terms of stats, so doubt one would completely annihilate the other and it would be a close run thing, all things being equal.

Didn't look too scientific, I had a small boot against my mates coxster but as I said can't really take him as an example as most Porsche owners would shoot him in the face :lol: Also his is the 2.7???

Still, you can pick up a boxster 3.2S for a little over 1 grand these days 2nd hand, so you could buy one, try it out for a bit, then sell it and probably not loose much on it.

Personally they do nothing for me, common as muck around my way, however my mate raves about them and really couldnt understand why i would buy a zed when I could get a boxster for less money.

Havn't see them at a bit over a £1k, seen them at about £3k. to £4k. :scare:

Might be dependent on the time of the year, but I remember watching Wheeler Dealers last year and they bought a boxster 3.2S for 1000quid which basically just needed a service. I remember thinking no way were they that cheap and so I looked online and sure enough there quite a few to choose from for £1500 or less, runners with MOT etc. However looking again quickly just now, you seem to be right, they are £3k->£4k, so maybe its because summers approaching, suns out and thats pushed the prices up slightly.

a grand?! find me one and I'll buy it.

the ash tray is worth more than that!

Still, you can pick up a boxster 3.2S for a little over 1 grand these days 2nd hand, so you could buy one, try it out for a bit, then sell it and probably not loose much on it.

Personally they do nothing for me, common as muck around my way, however my mate raves about them and really couldnt understand why i would buy a zed when I could get a boxster for less money.

Havn't see them at a bit over a £1k, seen them at about £3k. to £4k. :scare:

Might be dependent on the time of the year, but I remember watching Wheeler Dealers last year and they bought a boxster 3.2S for 1000quid which basically just needed a service. I remember thinking no way were they that cheap and so I looked online and sure enough there quite a few to choose from for £1500 or less, runners with MOT etc. However looking again quickly just now, you seem to be right, they are £3k->£4k, so maybe its because summers approaching, suns out and thats pushed the prices up slightly.

a grand?! find me one and I'll buy it.

the ash tray is worth more than that!

I think that's how they are getting now, worth more as parts. I don't often agree with Jeremy Clarkson but he may have been right when in his review of the boxster he said the only reason someone would buy one was cos they couldn't afford a 911. They remind me of the 924. Only reason to buy that was cos you couldn't afford a 944, so prices dropped so much that at one point you could get a 924 for 500quid - less if it was a brown one. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Edited by rabbitstew

I dont think I could agree the handling is poor, they are very precise to drive, but as someone else mentions they would be at the bottom of the list to own one! Whoever mentioned the only person who buys one only does because they cant afford a 911 is on the money, well certainly round my way, I have had two mates openly admit they would have 911's if they could afford them, being they wanted current models.

One of said friends bought a brand new Boxster S, £42k, around 03 ish, for months he went on about how fast it was, handling, flat 6 noise etc, coupled with the usual its much faster than my jap hairdryer (rx7 stage 1 tunning), 8 months in we all went on a golf trip down in Devon, a few cars went inc him and me, suffice to say I never heard a peep out of him about his Boxster again ;)

Standard Boxsters and the new Cayman couldn't get near me at Elvington at the end of October, and all after I was constantly reassured that my car was inferior by the Porsche guys! Major good feeling when the Boxster drivers put their indicators on and the Cayman driver completely went off the track because he couldn't take his eyes off the blue flash in his rear view mirror (airfield track day with plenty of runoff)

I'd like to have it with a Boxster S just to see how close we would be, hopefully one turns up at Blyton next weekend!