Landsail tyres...

fellsteruk

Hi all,

So I am getting my rims refurbed and replacing boots, had a price today of £109+vat for Bridgestone Reno50's which are what's on it now and I really like them also price I amazing so happy with that however...

I was offered a landsail XL trey W rated for £40+vat, so I know these are new tyres and mega cheap and TBH I thought they must be crap at that price but according to my tyre guy loads of ppl are buying them at the moment and they are happy with them, granted he hasn't sold to a zed owner before but I am in curious "sucker for bargin"

So anyone used them, what ya thinks? Also I am after 225/45/18 u got any other suggestions other that MPS, I know they are the best but don't want to spend that much.

Edited by fellsteruk

Imo tyres are very important as they are the only things in contact with the road stopping your vehicle from sliding off into the nearest ditch. You get what you pay for and tbh I wouldn't touch those £40 tyres.

Falken's are a good mid range budget tyre if you can't stretch to the MPSS & don't fancy getting the Bridgestones. Although the price you've been offered for the Bridgestone Potenza's seems more than fair to me. ;)

I agree I normally only use Dunlop sp or continental on my qashqai/juke but as I only drive the zed in good weather and only now and then was wondering if I could push it but your right they are important and would rather get a good tyre then spend a few grand In The body shop after a crash :)

It's all in the name, you are driving on land but feel all at sea...

Landsail FTW

I agree with Ricey easier to drive on the edge with crap tyres.

When I got the Jag and got brave enough to push it a bit I was shocked how bad the Dunlops were, back end stepping out all over the place.... but now I know what to expect it is great fun :yahoo:

Sent from the golf club...

Ask yourself - have I heard of this tyre manufacturer before? If the answer is no, you know what to do ;)

Even when I was regularly killing rears on mine (like every 6 weeks) Id still buy at least a Falken or a Toyo :)

Edited by docwra
  • Like 2

If your tyre guy is a dealer for these tyres he's bound to say loads of people are buying them, reviews of them seem mixed and not good in the wet. Let's face it you aren't Mondeo Man and they maybe perfectly fine on a standard saloon, personally I wouldn't be trying a relatively unknown new brand on my Zed. You pays your money and you takes your chance, chances aren't a good thing in a real wheel drive V6 imho.

I just took some sunews off which I would imagine are in the same category and they were terrible! I couldn't plant my foot at all in any gear up to 4th in the wet. Now running supersports and the difference is massive! Buy the best you can even if it's not the supersports, the more you can spend the better.

• 2 months later...

We sell lots of budget landsails. They are legal and safe enough on a standard car. But on a 300bhp sports car i would not go there bud. I stick to goodyear f1 a2. A really good cheaper option is Uniroyal but you dont get as many miles from them but they are rated an A in the wet. Unless you have top dollar for mpss they rule the roost as we all know