My Platinum Graphite 370Z - Updated 17/04 UpRev

370Ad

Few updates since the HU!

Cobra Y Pipe Back Exhaust

IMG_20140509_180155_zps78a5cd51.jpg

Japfest 2014 Track Time - She performed very well but got pretty hot, so hot I was limited to 5-6K on the last 4-5 laps. 2012 models came with an oil cooler so going to see if I can get one of these fitted before my next track time.

_MG_9556_zpsf8fbde61.jpg

_MG_9540_zps4e623466.jpg

IMG_1113_zpsf0d9a402.jpg

Changed the clutch fluid as it wasn't as tight as the 50 before the track day and was slightly worse after too! £14 delivered from Opie Oils and an hour to flush the system with a mate.

IMG_20140526_125412_zps0c597338.jpg

• Like 3

Nice man, Castle Cobme is good fun, nice and fast, not driven it in the 370Z yet though.

Yeah, keep your eye on that oil temp gauge on track, I always do, so much so I nearly ran out of petrol once at Bedford.

Might want to change your oil now too seeing as though it's been baked.

Did 2012 cars come with an oil cooler ??

Awesome, if you find any info on that and fitting one to the older version, please share :) .

Nice man, Castle Cobme is good fun, nice and fast, not driven it in the 370Z yet though.

Yeah, keep your eye on that oil temp gauge on track, I always do, so much so I nearly ran out of petrol once at Bedford.

Might want to change your oil now too seeing as though it's been baked.

Did 2012 cars come with an oil cooler ??

Awesome, if you find any info on that and fitting one to the older version, please share :) .

From what I have worked out its 140 degrees where you get limited to 6k and then 145 is 3.5k.

Oil has been changed but appreciate the heads up :)

Yep 2012 cars come with an oil cooler - http://www.the370z.com/nismo-370z/44915-2012-370z-all-models-include-oil-cooler.html

Haven't managed to find a retro fit yet though

Yeah, once you hit that temp the car will go into limp mode to save it.

I tend to keep below 130 degrees for safety on track.

That often gives me a good hard 3/5 laps dependant on circuit before I come in for a cool down.

The benefits of Open Pit as opposed to sessions :) .

That link won't open for me but are you sure that's not the Nismo edition car ??

All 2012 models buddy - Some links for you to try ;)

http://www.the370z.c...oil-cooler.html

http://www.autoevolu...nged-39391.html

http://www.the370z.c...g-released.html

http://www.the370z.c...il-coolers.html

So the part number is 21300-SS370 and costs double what an aftermarket one costs!

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

I might be wrong but I don't think oil coolers are fitted to UK 370's - except the Nismo version maybe?

You could be right... as I can't seen an official UK announcement.

Apparently the stock one is a water cooled sandwich plate on the engine case. Maybe a 2012+ model owner could help us out :D

Edited by 370Ad

• 2 months later...

Quick update on her progress.

After some major googling it seems the best all round intake setup for the 70 is a decent panel filter and some intake hoses. The US forum has proved a 3-5bhp increase over the majority of the rev range vs a stock system, this was back to back on a dyno. The standard intakes are ridged on the inside and also have a resonator attached to the passengers side which all reduces air flow.

The Stillen Gen 3 definitely makes the most power but only high up the rev range. There is also the vast difference in cost between the two setups, so this is how I came to my conclusion. I went for HKS panels but you cant see them as they are sealed up :) Anyway enough babbling....

IMG_20140807_194745_zpsk7mzkceg.jpg

IMG_20140807_194813_zpsrqqatqsn.jpg

I was surprised how much difference this made, car seems to pick up revs a lot quicker and makes a nice deep noise above 4k.

Also had the car lowered on Eibachs and a full geo setup. I am running -1.5 degrees on the front and -2 degrees on the back.

Car is filthy so apologies!

IMG_20140812_174826_zpsbquwn4q0.jpg

IMG_20140812_174847_zpsga0dvwnl.jpg

IMG_20140812_175014_zpsmte3j6bz.jpg

Front lip is now very close to the ground. Less than my fist! Car seems very planted but I am yet to give it a full shake down :)

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Good work fella.

Have to agree that spacers really will give it a better look, get those arches filled.

Every time I see this colour it get's better I think.

I promised myself I wouldn't lower this car but I've been looking at coilovers.

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

Definitely won't be going down the spacer route though, as it ruined the feel for me when I tried them on the 50. Rears sit quite well but agree the fronts are a bit lost now.

Will be getting new wheels at some point to finish the look, but not for a little bit unless I spot a bargain.

Looking good, what is the spec of the intake pipes? They look very good :)

http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/nissan-370z-silicone-air-intake-hose-kit.html

Got mine from the US for £85 delivered with carriage and import tax. My motorway cruising is now 5 degrees colder too.

Not sure if its coincidence or the new intake setup.

• 2 months later...

The shocking stance after lowering the car really got to me so I ordered some new wheels from CS.

I initially didn't want to go black but the Steel Grey was too similar to the colour of the car. Pictures are off my BB and its not clean but you get the idea :)

IMG_20141118_154600_zpsek82q0er.jpg

IMG_20141118_154545_zpsddj9qgib.jpg

IMG_20141118_154526_zps9tnk6lcl.jpg

IMG_20141118_154510_zpsjmcw1yz2.jpg

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 3

That looks lovely !! Gone for the same wheels again I see :)

Front looks amazing ..... Maybe a 10mm spacer at the rear?

Cheers mate. Yeah, wasn't the plan originally but nothing else was available with a decent offset without spending another grand.

I know what you mean, in an ideal world I would have gone for ET15 on the back like the US have but they are not available in the UK unfortunately.

Not a fan of spacers so they will have to do :)

Edited by 370Ad

Yep same as mine .... I have some 5mm ones that I might put on and see how it goes .

Looks very nice though ....

I bought some z center badges off the chap on here for the standard rays .... Just used the dremel to flush them off at the back and silicone sealant to stick them on the center caps , looks so much better than the rota ones .

• Like 1

Oh great, thanks Ad. Now if I decide to save my (relatively) hard earned for a '70, I now also need to factor in the cost of springs and a set of 19 inch Rota's cos that looks spot on! :thumbs:

Thank you Adam, thank you very much :bang:

• Like 1

Oh great, thanks Ad. Now if I decide to save my (relatively) hard earned for a '70, I now also need to factor in the cost of springs and a set of 19 inch Rota's cos that looks spot on! :thumbs:

Thank you Adam, thank you very much :bang:

Sorry my friend. Its part of the fun though, do it slowly and enjoy it!

Who needs money anyway ;)