Upgrading Zed Anti-theft security?

Kraziekatz1

Hey Guys,

Firstly, I was wondering how nickable Zeds are? I have the standard factory fit alarm/immobiliser and was thinking maybe get a tracker which would obviously help recover car after the event, but actually I would rather deter potential thieves before the act takes place.

Don't really know a lot about Anti-theft systems........any advice welcome?

The zed has a thatcham category 1 alarm as standard.

Before splashing out on any extra security id check what difference it makes to your insurance. Some people on here have found that things like trackers etc actually increase your insurance premium! Presumably as a thief may cause more damage to the car trying to remove it.

I think in general the zed`s are pretty good security wise. Ive not heard of anyone having theirs nicked.

Just make sure you have listed all mods with the insurers - most insurers are looking for cat 1 thatcham alarms and if you already have it then you are about as covered in that area as you can be.

Just use plenty of common sense in addition i.e. dont park in dark corners of car parks, leave car keys on the window sill in the front of your house etc etc!

I was wondering this , I want a shock sensor fitted so if anyone scraps the corner of my bumper with there car the alarm will go off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like one so if anyone damages my car they get sprayed in that permanent dye they use to track bank robbers :lol:

Lmao that would be very fun apart from they would be in there car lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace, be even easier to trace the car for the insurance......feel a new product idea in the making here. Dragons' den here we come :lol:

It's called SmartWater, already exists ;)

To Kraziekatz1. i also park my cars on my driveway and have done so for years both with my 350Z and two Nissan SR20DET S14's prior to that with no problems at all. As Ekona says most cars these days are nicked with thieves actually stealing the keys beforehand so they can knock out the alarm and immobiliser and just drive off. Keys left within 6 feet of the front door are the most vulnarable as the thieves jut use a hook to hook them through the letterbox then have the car away. Its best to leave your keys where they aren't visible and are hidden away somewhere.

Or leave them where they are visible after they've broken in, so they just take them and don't come upstairs and rape your bunghole with an umbrella whilst you're in bed to get you to tell them where the keys are.

:teeth:

• Like 1