350z handbrake fix

Level 7 Boss

Seriously Nissan of you're going to make a 1.5 tonne car at least fit a handbrake that can hold the car on the slightest gradient.

Had my handbrake adjusted at Japex and around September and now it's not holding the car in place. Is there a fix or is it something I have to live with?

You have to live with it..350Z have the worst handbrakes ever..just don't be afraid to pull

it up tight, Ros at Japex is one of the best in the business so be assured he has adjusted it

correctly..The handbrake is just "pants"... :angry: :angry:

They are all like that to some degree, just park in gear.

I don't ever use my handbrake and just park in gear, but for some reason yesterday it didn't go into gear properly, and rolled back to me when I opened the boot :scare: good job I had something in the boot to get out as I would have just walked off and come back to the car crashed on the other side of the car park...

Overhauled mine when I changed the rear disks.

Soaked the springs and de-glazed the pads.

Plenty of material on them just a bit shiney

Copper slipped the adjusters and re-assembled.

Adjusted it up tight backed it off a turn and its been perfect since. :teeth:

Odd. mines always been rubbish too.

Bought brand new shoes for it shortly after having the car, made almost 0 difference. Ive got new disks on too since last week and they havnt changed it, probably made it worse if anything!

Bought brand new shoes for it shortly after having the car, made almost 0 difference. Ive got new disks on too since last week and they havnt changed it, probably made it worse if anything!

Did you clean the protective wax off the inside of the drum?

• Like 1

live on one of the steepest hills in my city - have to pull handbrake to maximum everytime park and check efficacy by briefly rocking back and forth - no doubt to amusement of any onlookers - but rather that then an expensive insurance claim

additonally park the car as per instruction manual - ie wheels pointing and put in gear

Did you clean the protective wax off the inside of the drum?

Nope, instructions didn't mention doing that.