Someone broke in to my garage

clockwize

Was out there this morning, priming my strut brace cover, locked up, took kids to the park for an hour..

Went back to get it so I could sand it down and the door is wide open, the lock is still locked and both mountain bikes are gone.. And my bloody strut brace cover is out on the concrete, with scuffs all up it, I just sprayed it!! bastards.

Anyway, grr.

Haha, they aren't in my garage yet :p getting a big ass bolted to the concrete type lock in a min.. Worried now they know they can get in there, they'll come back tonight and get the less easy to move items like my pressure washer, tools, etc..

Haha, they aren't in my garage yet :p getting a big ass bolted to the concrete type lock in a min.. Worried now they know they can get in there, they'll come back tonight and get the less easy to move items like my pressure washer, tools, etc..

I would take out stuff like that until you fit a proper locking system and get a garage alarm very cheap and easy to fit,

they don't normally hang about when an alarm goes off, or borrow a ROTHWEILER and don't feed it for a

few days and put it in the garage...! :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Sorry to hear that but on a brighter note there are some epic auto corrects in this thread!

Getting a big ass bolted to the floor......presumably next to the hungry rototiller! !! :lol:

haha, no i meant that, needed some hyphens though

"getting a big-ass-bolted-to-the-concrete type lock in a min" :)

Was out there this morning, priming my strut brace cover, locked up, took kids to the park for an hour..

Went back to get it so I could sand it down and the door is wide open, the lock is still locked and both mountain bikes are gone.. And my bloody strut brace cover is out on the concrete, with scuffs all up it, I just sprayed it!! bastards.

Anyway, grr.

Thieving scumbags. Sorry the bikes are gone & they spoiled your spray job. :rant:

Just a few ideas;

rsz_grenade_trap_4705.jpg

3726864337.jpg

Failing those a good fire door with high security locks and an alarm. As Will said, most crims run a mile once they've triggered an alarm. :dry:;)

Scumbags. Id definately be wary now though as once they have nicked stuff, very often they wait a few months for you to replace the items, then they come back and nick the new ones.

Get the same lock and put it on again, get a load of mates, baseball bats, get some beers - lock yourselves in the garage and wait...

I love this idea!!!! :thumbs:

yze5e7uj.jpg

I realise the lock is back to front and someone could use an Allen key to undo the front bolt but the back one isn't reachable so they'd still have a job getting it off :p couldn't get through the concrete floor to bolt it in the right way round haha.

Will fill the Allen key hole with glue but think it will be more than enough to deter them in future

yze5e7uj.jpg

I realise the lock is back to front and someone could use an Allen key to undo the front bolt but the back one isn't reachable so they'd still have a job getting it off :p couldn't get through the concrete floor to bolt it in the right way round haha.

Will fill the Allen key hole with glue but think it will be more than enough to deter them in future

The problem with those things though is what when I see one, my first immediate thought is "he`s got something in there worth nicking...."

What i usually do with the up & over door on my garages is to bolt the door shut from the inside by drilling a hole through the side of the door & frame, or bolting some sort of metal over it so you cant open it. Just means you have to go in through the side door and unbolt it before you can open it.

Sounds like a lot of effort! It'd take a lot of time and noise and tools to get that off, they'll go to my neighbours garage probably ;)

friendly neighbour you are :lol:

The sad fact is you can never stop a determined thief from stealing your stuff , you can however make it so much work that there are easier pickings elsewhere , it's a fact of life I'm afraid.

Sounds like a lot of effort! It'd take a lot of time and noise and tools to get that off, they'll go to my neighbours garage probably ;)

friendly neighbour you are :lol:

The sad fact is you can never stop a determined thief from stealing your stuff , you can however make it so much work that there are easier pickings elsewhere , it's a fact of life I'm afraid.

I know, I was only joking :)