New 350z owner

Just bought my first 350z :D managed to drive it for 2 weeks before breaking my leg and now its sat on my drive :angry:

But soon as im fit again its time start playing with it.

had a quick look through the forum and started getting a small shopping list together.

Thinking a Motordyne Plenum Spacer (5/16) and Takeda intake for starters. Already got a set of decats at home. Then Remap.

What do people think?? or any advice??

post-21835-0-63172200-1393943400_thumb.jpg

Edited by gled350

:welcome:

Takeda is a awesome start :thumbs:3DF6E3A0-5951-445E-9497-72B1FA611B4C_zpsp2sachj0.jpg

You can get that from Tarmac the Trader on here.

Plenum spacer, PM Wasso for one :)

+1 for getting you spacer from Wasso, great product and a nice choice of colours, do you have an exhaust as well as the de-cats? :welcome: Edited by tony.r123

Not got any ideas for exhaust atm. Was going to wait till ive fitted these bits and save some more coin :) had some left over money from tour so decided to treat myself. the de cats came with the car, brand new he just didnt get round to fitting them.

While you're learning the car, stick to doing the looks. That way when you start doing performance mods down the line you'll notice each little difference because you'll be used to the standard setup. Wheel spacers and the HR bonnet ;)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard gled350. :welcome:

Very nice looking Zed you have and sorry to hear you broke your leg ~ that's gotta hurt. :surrender:

My advice is to take your time deciding what mods you want to do especially when it comes to changing the exhaust system as there are so many different choices which will give a variety of different results. As it effects the sound of the car it's also worth hearing as many as possible before you buy.

I have Berks HFC's (High Flow Cats) and an Invidia Gemini stainless steel system from Tarmac Sportz a trader on here which is a very good exhaust and it is a true dual exhaust so one of the best for performance although it's not as loud as some exhausts if that's what you're after. Take a look here for some ideas; http://www.350z-uk.c...-videos-thread/

Whatever performance mods you do make sure you get the UpRev (remap) done last as you'll reap the benefits better that way and won't have to pay out for another UpRev because you've added different parts again. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 2

GMballistic youve pretty much sold the Invidia Gemini system to me lol .... sounds nice and something ill invest in later in the year :)

thats not bad advice amadour, think ill spend a few pennies making it look nice while i cant do anything.

I was also thinking of getting my plenum powder coated (while fitting the plenum spacer) or can u use high temp paint?? tried the search but couldnt really find out.

GMballistic youve pretty much sold the Invidia Gemini system to me lol .... sounds nice and something ill invest in later in the year :)

thats not bad advice amadour, think ill spend a few pennies making it look nice while i cant do anything.

I was also thinking of getting my plenum powder coated (while fitting the plenum spacer) or can u use high temp paint?? tried the search but couldnt really find out.

You could do either or maybe have it polished. B)

Wasso a reputable member on here does a great service here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/57507-plenum-polishing-service-with-finished-pics/

He also does his own plenum spacers; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71728-fsbatch-3-custom-anodised-plenum-spacers-170/

I haven't used his services yet but a lot of members have and recommend him.

If you do go for the Invidia system I'd try a trader on here called Chris from Tarmac Sportz ~ did me a great price for mine when I bought it together with the Berks HFC's and sometimes there are group buys running which can save you even more cash. :Dhttp://www.350z-uk.com/topic/68011-invidia-exhausts-and-berk-hfc-combo-package-deals/

:thumbs:

Yeah ive emailed wasso when grungy225 mentioned it earlier.

was thinking matt black plenum cause i liked the black takeda intake i saw on the tarmac site. then blue samco hoses :)

i dont know what de cats ive got back home. and tbf i dont really know much about de cats so i dont know whats a good make or not

Yeah ive emailed wasso when grungy225 mentioned it earlier.

was thinking matt black plenum cause i liked the black takeda intake i saw on the tarmac site. then blue samco hoses :)

i dont know what de cats ive got back home. and tbf i dont really know much about de cats so i dont know whats a good make or not

:lol: That's brilliant. Ha Ha. Sorry just laughing because his user names actually grundy225. He'd laugh at that too I'm sure. :D

A black plenum could look good but might be a little dark in the engine bay especially next to the standard black cover. Still no reason not to do it if that's what you want and you could always re-paint it.

I don't know a lot about de-cats either apart from the fact that they will throw up the EML (engine management light) once fitted. If you get an UpRev though they can sort that out for you then and I believe some people use 02 spacers also with de-cats to help prevent this.

Unless there is a makers name on the de-cats it could be hard to tell what make they are unless they are really recognizable for some reason.

Some decat pipes listed here; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=6c57854b-9046-445b-819f-94422f204a2b

;)

Looks like i wont be able to drive her for another 12 weeks .... cast came off today n have a plastic boot now. 6 weeks till surgery then 6 weeks no flying or driving after that!!! :crutches:

trying to decided between a blue or silver spacer??

placed an order for bonnet dampers and boot divider off 14N .... buy some small things while i cant do alot

If it was me I'd be doing all the things that require the car off the road for some time - i.e. spraying wheels etc.

Good idea grungy. :D Seriously though that is a great idea. Now's the time for any spraying or replacing of major parts or fitting a plenum spacer. B)

(see post n#19 for why I'm calling you grungy. :lol:;) )

hahaha ... yeah sorry about that lol :lol: ...

wasso has emailed me back and decided on blue :) ... i do need to get the stone chips sorted on the front bumper n front left alloy has a bit of kerb damage. nothing serious just the paint :( other than that its in good nick