Nissan GTR...bit of a let down?

Meeerrrk

I would never take up two spaces but if avoiding car parks where a car I've spent a lot of money on is at risk of damage (which happened twice to my last Z) is 'borderline ridiculous' I'll happily wear that label. It's hardly like I'm denying myself one of life's great pleasures by not driving on a congested road to the local supermarket when I can get what I need by walking there or having the stuff delivered.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the proportion of people in your average supermarket car park who would find the sight of something like a Lamborghini "endearing" because they infer that the driver isn't a snob is likely to be smaller than the proportion of people who are careless with their own car or shopping trolley or resent the sight of a car they will never be able to afford.

Dude, cars are made of metal, not paper. If you love your car so much then why deny yourself even a moments usage?? All the graft that goes in to buying it and then you would rather walk to the shops for fear of a shopping trolley is 100% ridiculous.

What a ridiculous thing to say. I assume you think that people who spend time detailing their car are ridiculous then. Not to mention people who spend time on forums talking about them. The last time some chump dinged my car it cost £300 to get it put right and two days of having to miss substantial parts of the working day taking it to be repaired. I've got legs and I don't mind using them, especially since it takes less time where I live to walk to the shop that it would to drive there. My car was bought for pleasure not shopping trips in an area where there are shops within easy distance.

I think you need to be a little bit less judgemental and think about the irony of belittling the fact that people on a car forum care about their cars.

• Like 1

I think hes just giving an opinion, not belittling anyone TBF ......... and I agree with what hes saying too, cars are there to be used and enjoyed IMO, not looked at and lusted after. Mine Zed is almost constantly filthy, the bumper is currently half hanging off after some track action and I drive the daylights out of it everytime I get in, its horses for courses. :)

I think hes just giving an opinion, not belittling anyone TBF ......... and I agree with what hes saying too, cars are there to be used and enjoyed IMO, not looked at and lusted after. Mine Zed is almost constantly filthy, the bumper is currently half hanging off after some track action and I drive the daylights out of it everytime I get in, its horses for courses. :)

I was referring to the 100% percent ridiculous comment. Seems to imply that those of us who prefer not to take the risk are being ridiculous, which is not the same as saying what I was saying earlier in the thread - namely that we all have different views, none of which are right or wrong - just different. As far as I'm concerned, people can do what they want with their cars. I just don't take kindly to being called ridiculous for electing to stay away from places where my car has been damaged in the past. Either way, live and let live I say! Peace and lurve to all :)

Edited by sipar69

Tyres - £1000 (MPSS)

Brake Pads - £500-700

Brake Discs - £1500-2500

Service costs - £400-600

Fuel - 15mpg

Running costs depend how many miles you do really, I only do 4000-5000 miles a year so tyres will last 18 months at least and brakes every 24 months unless I'm tracking the car.

There are a few issues with the cars that crop up such as bellhousing fix (£700), gearbox solenoid issues (~£500 with transmission fluid).

Great to know the above, thanks.

Do i take it brake discs dont last that long?

Tyres - £1000 (MPSS)

Brake Pads - £500-700

Brake Discs - £1500-2500

Service costs - £400-600

Fuel - 15mpg

Running costs depend how many miles you do really, I only do 4000-5000 miles a year so tyres will last 18 months at least and brakes every 24 months unless I'm tracking the car.

There are a few issues with the cars that crop up such as bellhousing fix (£700), gearbox solenoid issues (~£500 with transmission fluid).

The OEM ones don't as they're drilled and prone to cracking.

Mine are standard and are just passing 15k miles with no issues so far.

Tyres - £1000 (MPSS)

Brake Pads - £500-700

Brake Discs - £1500-2500

Service costs - £400-600

Fuel - 15mpg

Litchfield do very good maintenance pricing. Makes owning one and maintaining them properly far more easy to pay for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah those prices above are the lowest you'll find with either Litchfield or SVM. If you go to a dealer they'll charge £2k for tyres and double the cost of servicing.

I think my brakes and tyres will be knackered after CATDT in April so I'm not looking forward to that bill!