Open top motoring again - joy!

zCarl

Hello all,

I've just joined the club as a prospective owner of this 350Z - the first open top I've had for a couple of years. I've been intrigued by the Zed's but never owned one up to now (I had a series of Boxsters since 2000), but I have the inclination to add one to my garage now. I'm very lucky in having a wife who loves cars too, so there's no real friction when I go home and suggest a new 2 seater, and she's looking forward to Zed ownership as well. I'm going to visit the one above in the next day or so and I'm hoping it's condition is as the ad suggests, and I'll bring it home the same day.

Looking forward to some top down shennanigans in the months to come...

Welcome, fingers crossed it will be a great summer as i am fed up of the rain now. Should be perfect for the roadster.

One thing i would say though is check the roof very carefully for any kind of rips, leaks or pulling (look at the top left and right joins diagonally up from the rear window) and that the opening / closing mechanism works well. If there are any problems at all just walk away otherwise its an expensive bill to fix.

I would also recommend pouring lots of water over the roof, particularly over the doors to see if anything leaks inside to the footwells. I and a number of others have had this problem and in the end it was the reason i sold the car.

Fingers crossed though that you have a gem

Edited by Will370z

Welcome to the forum. As Will says check the roof. Also check it operates easily although no doubt the dealer will have opened and closed it a few times before you arrive unless you are early of course. ;)

I wouldnt bet on it! When I looked at mine the dealer had to look in the manual to workout how the roof operated, then it got stuck half way down. Okay, so it was freezing cold and Nissan dont recommend you operate the hood in the cold, but even so! :lol:

Welcome to the forum. As Will says check the roof. Also check it operates easily although no doubt the dealer will have opened and closed it a few times before you arrive unless you are early of course. ;)

I wouldnt bet on it! When I looked at mine the dealer had to look in the manual to workout how the roof operated, then it got stuck half way down. Okay, so it was freezing cold and Nissan dont recommend you operate the hood in the cold, but even so! :lol:

Thanks for the advice - I'll make the roof a priority check while there. The cars low mileage is both a selling point and a point of concern. I'm hoping the mileage is true and the interior is as new, but you have to ask why its so low. Plus leaving a car to stand can be just as wearing as high mileage, but well see. Personally I'd be happy with the Coupe but my good lady wife loves drop tops so I'm compromising to get a zed - any zed!

Looks really tidy - good choice!

Agree on the roof, in this weather it probably won't go down properly so ask for the car to be inside for a while so it warms up and try it in there.

The roofs aren't that great on these cars, they become quite tough and can crack/ begin to rip...sounds horrendous but I got a brand new mohair roof fitted to ours for £850 and it's the best money I've spent so far....it even goes down in cold weather where it didn't before!

Looking forward to the summer to enjoy that noise, with the roof down :) enjoy it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk