Is the 350Z for me?

BenSRG

I'm now 20 and my insurance is stupidly cheap, I can insure a 350 for no more than £950.

My new job is a roughly a 10 mile round trip (through town). I do enjoy driving weekends.

In terms of performance, they definitely aren't slow but I really do like a nice exhaust tone from my cars and the engine in the 350Z is great for that.

So going from the question in the title - how about you get in one and try driving it?

The reason I bought a 350z is someone told me about them, whilst trying a Z4 and a TT - I got into the 350z. I loved it. It has "personality" and I loved it. That test drive sold me, and I then tried several different Z's before shelling the money for my car.

If you're just after a noisy exhaust then you're asking the wrong questions and looking at the wrong sort of purchase imo. Same for if you're after out and out speed... you're approaching this entirely wrong.

Bottom line, the only way you'll know if this is your car is to drive one. Get in it and decide (also try other cars, obviously).

Edited by Mike

↑ im going to non argumentatively (definitely not a word) disagree.

At 20 years old with a stainless zorst and pop charger the zed will sound like the god of thunder to the lad. Sub 6 second 0-60 and a truck of torque.......the kid will spaff his pants.

For the money I personally think its one of the best value cars for all that malarkey without looking like a chav.

With the kiddies the more important question is can you afford to run it and have to presence of mind not to stack it into a wall?

• Like 1

↑ im going to non argumentatively (definitely not a word) disagree.

At 20 years old with a stainless zorst and pop charger the zed will sound like the god of thunder to the lad. Sub 6 second 0-60 and a truck of torque.......the kid will spaff his pants.

For the money I personally think its one of the best value cars for all that malarkey without looking like a chav.

With the kiddies the more important question is can you afford to run it and have to presence of mind not to stack it into a wall?

Oh no, you are right - it can be loud. But that's not exclusive to the Z, and there are plenty of options out there car wise. Likewise, the same for speed.

That's why I say I think he's going about this all wrong. Get out there, get in one, give it a test drive. Once you've driven it you will know if it's the right car. Worry about the rest afterwards.

I definitely agree lads, I don't know why I put 3.2, I know they're 3.5's lol! I was looking at TT's and I guess I typed up the wrong info. I have been in one before and I have been in my dads old 300 Twin. I'll definitely test drive one before purchasing :) my e92's up for £9k but that's with full leather, m sport, 19 inch BBS (were £4k new) parkin sensors etc etc its top specced

I've been toying with the idea of selling up (I want a 370 now).

Newcomers like this make me feel a little happier as I have the perfect car for them. Modified to get the sounds and the responsiveness but nothing done to the body as that's not my scene. This means a good buy for someone who wants to spend anything extra getting the car to look how they like it.

Its a high-miler but all on the motorway and she is as sweet as a nut and looked after mechanically to the extreme. Its painful but she will be a good buy for someone when the time comes.

Hi all,

I currently drive an E92 which is absolutely crap, I've had enough and I'll never buy a European car again lol.

I'm now 20 and my insurance is stupidly cheap, I can insure a 350 for no more than £950.

My new job is a roughly a 10 mile round trip (through town). I do enjoy driving weekends. My Dad has always had japanese cars, 300zx twin, WRX, soarers, silvias etc. He swears by them!!

In terms of performance, they definitely aren't slow but I really do like a nice exhaust tone from my cars and the engine in the 350Z is great for that.

After selling my E92 I'm happy to spend roughly £7000 but I'd like a nice example, maybe around an 04 plate for cheaper TAX but an upgraded exhaust would be great - what are my chances?

Many thanks

I passed from an e92 to a 350z,

The Z is a lot of fun, awesome exhaust sound with a full one, and go on...

The only thing that i complain about the e92 was that the interior were so rattless-free.

The Z is a full rattle due to the plastics....

However, go on, it's freakin funny :)

Hi all,

I currently drive an E92 which is absolutely crap, I've had enough and I'll never buy a European car again lol.

My new job is a roughly a 10 mile round trip (through town). I do enjoy driving weekends. My Dad has always had japanese cars, 300zx twin, WRX, soarers, silvias etc. He swears by them!!

After selling my E92 I'm happy to spend roughly £7000 but I'd like a nice example, maybe around an 04 plate for cheaper TAX but an upgraded exhaust would be great - what are my chances?

Many thanks

The only thing that i complain about the e92 was that the interior were so rattless-free.

Funnily Enough, I do get some rattles from my e92! I think it's due to a previous owner dismantling the interior :p but I'm pretty set on a Z now :) Gun metal/Black look evil with nice wheels :p

Hi all,

Many thanks

Funnily Enough, I do get some rattles from my e92! I think it's due to a previous owner dismantling the interior :p but I'm pretty set on a Z now :) Gun metal/Black look evil with nice wheels :p

I bet your e92 do not sound this way :teeth: :

http://www.350z-uk.c...l-tone-exhaust/

Edited by Alessio

Coming from beemers myself, I notice the 350Z is a heavy car so if that's something that puts you off then you might want to test drive one before looking further.

That said, they're fantastic cars!! Don't worry if you don't find the perfect one with an aftermarket exhaust fitted, you can get that sorted yourself :) you're better off finding a great example, whether standard or slightly modified (which you easily will within your budget)!!

350z really arent 'that' heavy, between 1440 and 1525kg isn't obese. Heavier than your average 2 seater but its got a whacking great lump up front and a proper steel subframe at the rear. The mechanics are built to withstand 'driving' imo. I know first hand bmw arent in that respect.

'Is the 350Z for me?'

No idea, that's always going to be down to you yourself.

As said, you need to go test drive one your self. EVERYONE has their own driving styles, one person will love how the Z drives however another may just hate it!

I know there is someone on the forum who sold there Z shortly after having it due to seat issue (Not right for his back)

Just don't expect this car to be the car that will 'win every race'

Another note - unless you want to throw £10k at it, you won't get a whole lot more ponies out of it.

Hope this helps.

I always wanted a z and i sold my focus ST to get it. I will be honest and say that the first few weeks i really struggled to "love it" and i thought id made a massive mistake. I just couldnt get used to it and i even toyed with the idea of selling it after only a couple of months... BUT THEN i took some advice from the guys on here, went to the peak district and just drove and drove and now i absolutely love my z. Im now used to it and how to drive it and its by some distance the best car ive ever owned and the comments i get from strangers about how good looking it and the amount of heads it turns will never bore me.

Buy one and be the envy of your mates! Plus girls love it too :)