Very Impressed with my new Exhaust!

mikeyb

It sounds epic still haven't got a video for you guys yet though. We were able to use the standard gasket. The only issue I had was the bolts were seized and all snapped so had to drill them.

But apart from that the exhaust fit perfect,

Right seen your video and I'm sold - I have bought some! Love them.

My car is the same age and looking at the bolts they look like they are gonna need replacing too even if I pb blast them.

So thought I'd get some new bolts ahead of fitting them - any advice on what sort of bolts I need and where to buy?

Thx!!!

Sounds good matey, any drone? Be honest now...! ;)

Yes, this is the key question for me too. The price, quality and acceleration noise seem to be good, but if there's any drone when I'm just pootling along, or even under gentle acceleration, I might not buy it. So, as Ekona says, be honest - is there any drone?

Hi All, I am not sure what bolts you need as my mate just fitted mine at his garage, We ended up having to grind the bolts off and then drill through them.

There is a drone like if your cruising in 6th at about 65 then you go up a hill you do get a drone but my girlfriend has a Mini cooper S with a cobra exhaust and the drone on that is so much worse.

There is a drone but its only about 65mph in 6th or when pulling up a hill. Cruising at 70, 80, 90 there is no drone and can stick cruise control on and cant even tell you have an Aftermarket exhaust

One thing it defiantly is though is Loud on Cold start! On a morning my neighbours must hate me because there is no denying its very loud on cold start

Your comment about annoying the neighbours has nearly sold it to me. I really want one now. Can't wait to see/hear the latest vid - I assume it will be 'drone-related'?

Hi All,

I have worked out properly where the drone is, There is a drone at about between 3000 and 3100 RPM its worse when the car is cold but once it gets warm the drone is no where near as bad,

I have got a video but its very poor quality as trying to drive and film proved difficult so sorry for the poor quality and stopping and starting haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcx_k1p91Ug

One thing it defiantly is though is Loud on Cold start! On a morning my neighbours must hate me because there is no denying its very loud on cold start

Your comment about annoying the neighbours has nearly sold it to me. I really want one now. Can't wait to see/hear the latest vid - I assume it will be 'drone-related'?

Hmm owning nice car + annoying neighbours can = big scratch on nice car. :)

Hi All,

I have worked out properly where the drone is, There is a drone at about between 3000 and 3100 RPM its worse when the car is cold but once it gets warm the drone is no where near as bad,

I have got a video but its very poor quality as trying to drive and film proved difficult so sorry for the poor quality and stopping and starting haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcx_k1p91Ug

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to do this. Sounds lovely to me :wub:

Just had a look at the link and does this just remove the rear back box? It doesn't add any replacement silencers right? Just wondering how this is any different to an exhaust place just putting straight pipe from the down pipes? Is it any different?

Thanks

Just had a look at the link and does this just remove the rear back box? It doesn't add any replacement silencers right? Just wondering how this is any different to an exhaust place just putting straight pipe from the down pipes? Is it any different?

Thanks

There probably wouldn't be much difference at all but this Exhaust I have got is basically the same as the AAM Short Tails but the exhaust I have and the AAM Short tails is difference. I am guessing it might be to do with where the bends are in the rear section. Because the exhaust I have has a pretty sharp bend where I know the AAM Short tails is a lot straighter.

I have no idea whether this is why they sound different but I guess so as that's the only difference between the two

• 3 weeks later...

How loud are we talking with these short tails.... Will you still be allowed on track with the standard mid pipe/cats?

I have not taking my car so don't know the track limitations, I will download a DB tester and get a reading for you this weekend

How loud are we talking with these short tails.... Will you still be allowed on track with the standard mid pipe/cats?

I have not taking my car so don't know the track limitations, I will download a DB tester and get a reading for you this weekend

Its usually about 98db @ 4k rpm for a track. I can't imagine this being more than that with just the BB removed but you never know!

Cheers for your help :)

Edited by 350Ad

Stock cat and y-pipe + K1 was coming out at 104dB. I cannot believe this would be any quieter.

If you have a loud exhaust, you have a duty to quieten it down before going near a track for the sake of us all.

Edited by Ekona