Both look disappointing......

Jacko

Dont like the look of either of them.

Evo: Front and rear spoilt. Front doesnt seem too bad, but certainly not the aggressive look I like about the old Evos as its too rounded. Tail lights look too quinty. spoiler looks dulled down as its lower than usual and doesnt look as aggressive.

Scooby is just horrid. Nuff said! Hope its just a test mule and they go back to the older style which looked a lot better.

I think im in a minority of one, but I think the Impreza STi will look OK when its finally revealed. Impreza's have always been pig ugly anyway (with the possible exception of the 22B) and Ive had two, its more about performance for the money.

More important will be if theyve managed to keep the weight down to get a better bhp/tonne ratio. If its a lardy 1500kg plus, it probably wont be any quicker than a number of other fast cars for similar money......

Scooby is looking pants so far but I'm surprised by the negative reaction to the Evo. The "concept" I saw in Geneva looked great. OK, these cars are only ever going to be body-kitted versions of cooking models so aren't going to give the Zed a run for its money in the looks department but I think the Evo ticks all the right boxes for this type of model (and its target market!).

What I can't understand is why neither of the manufacturers have used the underpinnings to make a dogs-bollocks coupe. If VW can turn the Golf into a TT why can't they make themselves a halo model on the cheap?

The Evo's arches need to be flared more, especially from the front. Its meant to be a rally car for the road for gods sake.

The impreza just cant make its mind up. I think it looks pants and im a fan of the older ones like the RB320.

Your right its about performance but why cant they look good too?

Its only a case of drawing something different. :dry:

The Evo and Scuby has always been a love/hate issue. I'm with the Evo's and hate the Scuby's. Others would be the opposite. I'd never buy either though. They reached a technical point of stupidity IMO. Servicing the Evo every 3k or whatever. Incredible machines but no thanks.

Mitsubishi has done the coupe thing in the past but hasn’t put the effort in since the GTO. The Eclipse never had the engines or power it should of and the FTO seemed to be aimed at the old ST Celica market but never updated.

Guy