Widebody Moonbeam 370z GT with 2015 Nismo Front End (p17)

oldbonesmcgee

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the comments guys.

The roof is going gloss black on Wednesday, the fangs are going matte black.

I should have a Fujimura "style" rear diffuser on in the next week or 2 and eventually a sunline splitter (and rear spats) and Tarmac side step skirts.

As for the wheels I'm still undecided as I really like the standard wheels....I can't bear to part with them just to gain an extra inch :'(

Cheers,

Dan

Car looked great the other day mate. The stance is just right imo

Cheers! I really like the look too, not too low ;)

And the car is at Customised Coatings at the moment getting done professionally, he said the only way to do it is to have an under layer around the deep part, but I think the issue is that the grill doesn't separate from the bumper, so you can't wrap the wrap round the edge to keep it nice and tight, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah, it's not possible with one single piece of wrap. I haven't looked at it really closely yet but from what he said you can only get 150% stretch on wrap, so I think he said there is actually 3 separate pieces of wrap on it. two (or maybe 3) bits that do the deep inset bits, and then a 3rd (or 4th) piece that goes over the front.

It's not ideal and I guess a lot of bigger companies might just say no but I don't want to commit to paint just yet.

Time will tell!

Cheers

Dan

I had mine wrapped and was done in 3 pieces - two fangs and bottom half.

Didn't even last the drive home and I then patched where lifted on the inner fang join.

This lasted about 6 months until I just removed it as it wasn't perfect.

US kits also come like this, but hey don't seem to be having the same issues as us here.

A few have wrapped in the UK and been okay but most don't attempt it.

A place near me said they can do it but quite pricey compared to others.

• 4 weeks later...