Widebody Moonbeam 370z GT with 2015 Nismo Front End (p17)

oldbonesmcgee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, your very lucky to have this on your doorstep.

Are you happy with the results on the nismo front end? ive been doing some resarch and that one is the 2015 onwards ins't it?

I take it not just a straight swap with the standard 370 front bumper? The results look stunning to me

Unfortunately it's not a straight-forward swap although you can miss some bits out to make it easier.

There are washer holes in the bumper which don't work with the old style washers, so you can either enlarge the holes to keep the washer functionality, or you could smooth them over and loose the washers.

The impact detection sensors are not a direct fit so they require some adjustment.

The bumper support foam doesn't fit without trimming.

The fenderliners aren't a perfect match and neither is the under-tray but they are workable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's not a straight-forward swap although you can miss some bits out to make it easier.

There are washer holes in the bumper which don't work with the old style washers, so you can either enlarge the holes to keep the washer functionality, or you could smooth them over and loose the washers.

The impact detection sensors are not a direct fit so they require some adjustment.

The fenderliners aren't a perfect match and neither is the under-tray but they are workable.

Great thread and build, have loved reading this.

I'm looking at getting the Nismo front end on my 370z, would you recommend it and in terms of paint will the whole front end need spraying?

Daniel, how does the car handle? Yours looks so low. Is it on eibachs? Think eibachs on my car are too low. Exhaust is scraping and the ball joint is sitting lower than the wishbone due to the drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the eibachs on mine and it hasndles great. The front splitter does scrape on bigger speed bumps which isn't an issue and only on steep ramps into car parks have I ever scraped the actual underside of the car!

I'm looking at getting the Nismo front end on my 370z, would you recommend it and in terms of paint will the whole front end need spraying?

By spraying the whole front end you presumably mean painting the bumper and blending into the surrounding panels? I doubt this would be necessary, as there is usually a slight difference in shade between the plastic and metal anyway. Some white Zs and GTRs have badly mismatched bumper to body colour. For some reason, the difference is particularly noticeable on white. Although the match on mine was quite good, when I had my bumper re-sprayed following a minor car park scratch I ended up with a better body to bumper match than the factory!

Pre-re-spray - note slightly duller bumper colour

IMG_0230_zpsc3e72c2a.jpg

Better match post re-spray

image2_zpsa448388b.jpg

Edited by sipar69

By spraying the whole front end you presumably mean painting the bumper and blending into the surrounding panels? I doubt this would be necessary, as there is usually a slight difference in shade between the plastic and metal anyway. Some white Zs and GTRs have badly mismatched bumper to body colour. For some reason, the difference is particularly noticeable on white. Although the match on mine was quite good, when I had my bumper re-sprayed following a minor car park scratch I ended up with a better body to bumper match than the factory!

Pre-re-spray - note slightly duller bumper colour

IMG_0230_zpsc3e72c2a.jpg

Better match post re-spray

image2_zpsa448388b.jpg

Love this nismo

Kind of wish I'd supercharged one :(

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...