370z Akebono

Ceejay29

I am getting much closer to upgrading the poor JDM brake setup on the 350, ideally I would like a BBK but funds may not stretch this far. Tempted by the GT Brembo's although I fancy something different to the norm. I am currently leaning towards a 370z brake kit although I know very little about their brake setup...Do all 370's have Akebono brakes, or is this a further upgrade again? Has anybody fitted an Akebono brake kit to a 350?

Thanks

CJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ceejay,

I have 2 complete sets of the Akebono callipers boxed, you just need a conversion bracket for the fronts which I am just ordering from the states this week :thumbs:

I have one of these sets from Lee.... waiting to fit now. Cannot recommend him enough, great help and super fast delivery!

• Like 2

Looking good Gixxeruk. I have invested in some, Lee has been very helpful. Did you powdercoat/spray yours? I am tempted to do the same, do you know what extra cost I should factor in?

Hi, I sprayed them with hammerite smooth spray, very light thin coats to build the colour, allow each coat to dry and don't rush, I've used this on my last 3 cars, the last was a 911 I had for 4yrs and they still looked as good 3yrs after I sprayed them

It doesn't crack or fade

I can give you a contact for the akebono decals if you are using them, I was torn between black or white decals

Hth

Paul

If you're tight on budget you can still go for the Brembo's.

http://www.350z-uk.c...rs-for-350z-gt/

To be honest, unless you're planning a big supercharger / turbo install, makes no sense to upgrade to BBK, save some money for other upgrades :)

Some interesting advice there...

Incidentally I'm surprised to see that you don't need to alter any of the brake hydraulics replacing the JDMs with a different / larger brake kit. Also why do 350z "big brake kits" not come with increased rotor diameter and 4-pots for the rears? They all seem to be front-only.

If you're tight on budget you can still go for the Brembo's.

http://www.350z-uk.c...rs-for-350z-gt/

To be honest, unless you're planning a big supercharger / turbo install, makes no sense to upgrade to BBK, save some money for other upgrades :)

Some interesting advice there...

Incidentally I'm surprised to see that you don't need to alter any of the brake hydraulics replacing the JDMs with a different / larger brake kit. Also why do 350z "big brake kits" not come with increased rotor diameter and 4-pots for the rears? They all seem to be front-only.

Usually 6/8 pot fronts and 4 pot rears. It's just usually the fronts that people do first as they're more important. I'm pretty sure most of the main BBKs come front and rear.

Looking good Gixxeruk. I have invested in some, Lee has been very helpful. Did you powdercoat/spray yours? I am tempted to do the same, do you know what extra cost I should factor in?

Hi, I sprayed them with hammerite smooth spray, very light thin coats to build the colour, allow each coat to dry and don't rush, I've used this on my last 3 cars, the last was a 911 I had for 4yrs and they still looked as good 3yrs after I sprayed them

It doesn't crack or fade

I can give you a contact for the akebono decals if you are using them, I was torn between black or white decals

Hth

Paul

You make it sound so simple Paul, they look great, I think I will give it a go. Akebono decals would be super.....oooo black :cloud9:

Edited by Ceejay29