370z Akebono

Ceejay29

Looking good Gixxeruk. I have invested in some, Lee has been very helpful. Did you powdercoat/spray yours? I am tempted to do the same, do you know what extra cost I should factor in?

Hi, I sprayed them with hammerite smooth spray, very light thin coats to build the colour, allow each coat to dry and don't rush, I've used this on my last 3 cars, the last was a 911 I had for 4yrs and they still looked as good 3yrs after I sprayed them

It doesn't crack or fade

I can give you a contact for the akebono decals if you are using them, I was torn between black or white decals

Hth

Paul

You make it sound so simple Paul, they look great, I think I will give it a go. Akebono decals would be super.....oooo black :cloud9:

pm on its way :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I contacted a company this morning regarding VHT prime, anodized red and enamel spray paint with the intention of re-spraying the calipers this weekend. Their response wasn't positive, stating that they do not think the product can withstand the heat generated by the calipers (even though their advert sates that the product is "formulated for high temperature and high performance engine paint applications withstanding intermittent temperatures up to 228°C"). I am not sure what paint to buy now as I couldn't find anodized red Hammerite in Halfords yesterday. Any ideas? (oh and one other thing which is completely off topic - for some reason whenever I post topics using Windows 8 at work, the forum dialogue box doesn't work properly. For instance I am now stuck on italics writing this, cannot change the font or return to a new line!? :rant:

Edited by Ceejay29

(oh and one other thing which is completely off topic - for some reason whenever I post topics using Windows 8 at work, the forum dialogue box doesn't work properly. For instance I am now stuck on italics writing this, cannot change the font or return to a new line!? :rant:

Time to look for another job with decent computers then :stir::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a sneaky peak at a package we received at the garage last week ....The Akebono brake kit courtesy of R35LEE, who I would highly recommend, top man :teeth:

IMG_3072_zps44e89821.jpg

IMG_3073_zpse98e7f04.jpg

I will add the boxes to the pile that has been gathering over the last 6 months, which includes an Exedy hyper single clutch, lightened flywheel and release bearing among many other cool mods. This to do list is building rapidly :scare:

• Like 1

Had a sneaky peak at a package we received at the garage last week ....The Akebono brake kit courtesy of R35LEE, who I would highly recommend, top man :teeth:

IMG_3072_zps44e89821.jpg

IMG_3073_zpse98e7f04.jpg

I will add the boxes to the pile that has been gathering over the last 6 months, which includes an Exedy hyper single clutch, lightened flywheel and release bearing among many other cool mods. This to do list is building rapidly :scare:

Nice ;)

My pile of stuff (including a box like yours) is growing as well, fortunately mine is stored at Slys place :)

Edited by grahamc