Gran Turismo 6 350-UK Championship

KyleR

Being a complete copycat here, but I love the idea that Ekona came up with using Forza 5. I compared car for car track for track between them and me on GT6 and it appears the games are quite different. I easily got better times with the exact same car, HP, weight etc, but even though I was never going to be able to join in on the long run in their championship, I had fun doing it :)

So what I want to do is pretty much the same thing here with GT6 if we have enough people to make it fun.

Let me know if you'd like to take part and stick your name on the list if you'd like to take part. If you don't know how it works, have a look at the Forza championship sticky at the top, it'll be pretty much the same as that :thumbs:

1. KyleR - MarMoSet

2. Dannyg - wombraider1986

3. Ozwald - ozwald25

4. SuperStu - Reed_Rockhard

5. Longsh07 - x_L0ng__5h07_x

6. Vansman66 - vansman43

Challenge 1 - British Cars, Max PP450, Max Sports Soft tyres.

Brands Hatch GP

KyleR - 1:32.062

Dannyg - 1:35.683

Ozwald - 1:32.619

SuperStu - 1:31.007

Longsh07 - 1:31.732

Silverstone GP

KyleR - 2:14.070

Danng - 2:20.504

Ozwald - 2:14.835

SuperStu - 2:13.477

Longsh07 -

Goodwood

KyleR - 0:50.111

Dannyg -

Ozwald - 0:49.724

SuperStu - 0:51.662

Longsh07 -

Lets Race :D

I'll give this a go if you dont mind but I am proper bad at it.

I was just about to call it a night when this happened

SS 2:12.466

There 0.5s in my first sector somewhere. I followed that up with a 2:11.462 but it was ruled INVALID by some bureaucrat for snipping the penultimate corner! BOOOOOO! :lol:

You're not making this easy Stu!! :lol:

I think I'm done with these three, there's nothing in there for me now except frustration and more fist shaped holes in my bathroom door. Silverstone has more, but the lap is so long there's too many places to lose it on the ragged edge with the time available being in sector 1.

I'm dreading when we get round to Nurburgring in the Suzuki Wagon R :lol:

Edited by SuperStu

You're not making this easy Stu!! :lol:

I think I'm done with these three, there's nothing in there for me now except frustration and more fist shaped holes in my bathroom door. Silverstone has more, but the lap is so long there's too many places to lose it on the ragged edge with the time available being in sector 1.

I'm dreading when we get round to Nurburgring in the Suzuki Wagon R :lol:

There's some fine tuning to be done on Silverstone so probably got some time there, whether it's two seconds though, won't know till tomorrow! I find it a lot easier than Brands Hatch, I just can't get a rhythm on that track, drop one wheel off and that's the whole lap ruined.

'Ring I'd be happy with haha! Wagon R... maybe not so much! :lol:

Well,I am a country mile away from the times you guys are getting :angry:

Keep at it, I'm 12 seconds faster at Silverstone now than when this started. It's unbelievable how much a few tweaks here and there in the suspension makes.

Shall we add another track to keep you guys who have too much time on your hands busy? :p

P1 updated :thumbs:

I was just about to call it a night when this happened

SS 2:12.466

There 0.5s in my first sector somewhere. I followed that up with a 2:11.462 but it was ruled INVALID by some bureaucrat for snipping the penultimate corner! BOOOOOO! :lol:

I feel for you on this one. The amount of times I've screamed bullsh*t as my tv when one of the last three corners has gone invalid for basically tickling the curb is crazy. Yet on brands hatch you can turn half the track into a rally course and it doesn't bat an eyelid

• Like 1

Well,I am a country mile away from the times you guys are getting :angry:

Keep at it, I'm 12 seconds faster at Silverstone now than when this started. It's unbelievable how much a few tweaks here and there in the suspension makes.

Shall we add another track to keep you guys who have too much time on your hands busy? :p

P1 updated :thumbs:

Are we including oil change etc on the 350Z tracks or completely stock?

Will be interesting to see the times we get when tuning isn't a factor.

Edited by ozwald

Hiya fellow Z owners and GT6 racers.

Feel free to add me cyberfella on PSN. I'll see how I stack up against you guys. I'm more into the drifting than the racing, but have done a fair bit of racing on GT5 and GT6, so am keen to join in.

Could even have an added challenge of how many drift points around tsukuba in a Z. say, with no engine tuning restrictions but with tyres restricted to comfort soft or less. just a suggestion.

I have to say that after spending loads of time on GT5, I lost interest in GT6 really quickly, not even half way through trying to complete it but this challenge has got my interest back in again, having said that I'm still miles away from putting up a half respectful time, are you guys on on wheels/pedals as opposed to the pad as wonder if this makes a big difference in my lack of ability.

• Like 1

I have to say that after spending loads of time on GT5, I lost interest in GT6 really quickly, not even half way through trying to complete it but this challenge has got my interest back in again, having said that I'm still miles away from putting up a half respectful time, are you guys on on wheels/pedals as opposed to the pad as wonder if this makes a big difference in my lack of ability.

SuperStu's using a Controller and I'm using Driving Force GT Wheel and there's hardly anything in our times. I'm sure Stu is some kind of Robot though as I couldn't get anywhere near my times with a controller! :lol:

Hiya fellow Z owners and GT6 racers.

Feel free to add me cyberfella on PSN. I'll see how I stack up against you guys. I'm more into the drifting than the racing, but have done a fair bit of racing on GT5 and GT6, so am keen to join in.

Could even have an added challenge of how many drift points around tsukuba in a Z. say, with no engine tuning restrictions but with tyres restricted to comfort soft or less. just a suggestion.

Welcome mate, get stuck in with some times :thumbs: I suck at the drifting and have only managed a bronze in the first challenge, can't even get bronze in the others :lol:

I'm using the T500rs wheel which I bought shortly after GT5 came out. To me it makes a big difference. As a wee test I took the F1 car around the high speed ring with a controller and then afterwards with the wheel and I was about 1 second faster, which is a lot for such an easy fast track. Apparently the controller is better for drifting though, so I may have to wipe the dust off it.

Looks like I won't be posting any times today, 2 more seasonal challenges to do and the Vettle stuff is open :D

Already done the seasonals and golded the first Vettle challenge :D

Edited by KyleR

Man I really need to look at that stuff. I've not even unlocked online play yet :blush:

Get stuck into the seasonal a as soon as they are available so you don't miss them. Some offer 1-2 million credits. I had over 23000000 at one point :lol:

SuperStu's using a Controller and I'm using Driving Force GT Wheel and there's hardly anything in our times. I'm sure Stu is some kind of Robot though as I couldn't get anywhere near my times with a controller! :lol:

I prefer the term Synthetic Lifeform. :lol:

Vansman - I'd lost interest in GT6 abit too, the career mode was too easy, the competition isn't there, but this has totally reinvigorated it for me and I've learnt three new tracks, which I didn't know at all.

• Like 1

Man I really need to look at that stuff. I've not even unlocked online play yet :blush:

Get stuck into the seasonal a as soon as they are available so you don't miss them. Some offer 1-2 million credits. I had over 23000000 at one point :lol:

I didn't know about these. Ta!

Having just realised that equipping NOS doesn't actually raise the cars PP I suppose the question should be asked.... are you guys using it? :lol:

I had used it but I think we should ban it cos my thumb is killing me from trying to hold it down, change gear and steer :D

I used it on both BH and SS, then got faster laps without it lol

It only really matters for high power cars I think because it does eff all for the lotus.

Edited by KyleR