Gran Turismo 6 350-UK Championship

KyleR

Managed to knock a second off my time only on BH, don't know where the rest is gonna come from!

I had to fiddle with my suspension setup for ages to get it spot on at BH. I think my 2nd and 3rd sectors at BH are done, there's no more, possibly .5s in the first sector. Going to switch to Silverstone for today's session :)

I took a second or so off my Goodwood time there with a bit of drifting in the first two corners, seems the fastest way.

I think I'm done with BH but I'm sure there is more time in silverstone, just don't know where.

Challenge 1 - British Cars, Max PP450, Max Sports Soft tyres.

Brands Hatch GP

Kyler - 1:36.331

Dannyg - 1:35.683

Ozwald - 1:32.619

SuperStu - 1:31.007

Longsh07 - 1:31.732

Silverstone GP

KyleR - 2:21.126

Danng - 2:20.504

Ozwald - 2:14.835

SuperStu - 2:13.477

Longsh07 - 2.18.318

Goodwood

KyleR - 0:52.293

Dannyg -

Ozwald - 0:49.724

SuperStu - 0:51.662

Longsh07 - 0:51.379

Lets Race

UPDATES FROM THIS EVENING :teeth:

SS - 2:13.477

BH - 1:31.007

Silverstone is so tough, it has zero undulation which makes picking braking spots next to impossible. Not looking forward to Goodwood tomorrow night :evil:

The movie of BH is brought to you by the letters J & B and the number 007

https://www.dropbox....onship QT H.mov

Edit: Correction as per below, whoops :(

Edited by SuperStu

Longsh07 - I'd love a go with a Fanatec wheel, the pedals are supposed to be second to none.

Meant to reply to this the other day!

I love the wheel, its fantastic and im surprised how well it works with a PS3 considering its designed for an Xbox.

Build quality is amazing, so is the feedback in terms of judging how much grip you have and when you are under steering or over steering.

I cant use it wirelessly with the PS3 which is a bit of a bugger as I have to daisy chain three USB cables to reach my PS3 from the sofa :lol:

I also cant use the clutch or 7 speed manual gear stick but its not the end of the world. They work really well in Forza 4/Horizon.

Only major problem I have with it at the moment is it doesn't seem to want to remember the ABS vibration setting so I have to turn it back on everyday. It also seems that after playing for a while GT6 stops registering 100% throttle. For a while was lapping brands only being able to use 90%. I couldn't figure out why I was always about a second slower than my ghost.

With the above in mind its still running the firmware from the factory so I wouldn't be surprised if an update fixed those.

Oh I also wondered if we should have a new challenge.

I was thinking something like a specific model car, unmodified so we are all on a level playing field.

For example a 350Z (cant remember what models they have on GT6!) around tsukuba?

Dunno what you guys think but I think it could be interesting.

Gives you a new respect for one shot qualifying laps doesn't it!

Tell me about it. On SS I can be up to 7/10ths up in the first sector then still finish up slower :lol:

Longsh07 - I'd love a go with a Fanatec wheel, the pedals are supposed to be second to none.

Meant to reply to this the other day!

I love the wheel, its fantastic and im surprised how well it works with a PS3 considering its designed for an Xbox.

Build quality is amazing, so is the feedback in terms of judging how much grip you have and when you are under steering or over steering.

I cant use it wirelessly with the PS3 which is a bit of a bugger as I have to daisy chain three USB cables to reach my PS3 from the sofa :lol:

I also cant use the clutch or 7 speed manual gear stick but its not the end of the world. They work really well in Forza 4/Horizon.

Only major problem I have with it at the moment is it doesn't seem to want to remember the ABS vibration setting so I have to turn it back on everyday. It also seems that after playing for a while GT6 stops registering 100% throttle. For a while was lapping brands only being able to use 90%. I couldn't figure out why I was always about a second slower than my ghost.

With the above in mind its still running the firmware from the factory so I wouldn't be surprised if an update fixed those.

They're supposed to be awesome wheels. I was seriously considering one when I was in the market, but they're lack luster customer services and ridiculous waiting time put me off. Then Thrustmaster came out with the T500rs specifically for PS3 GT5, so I went for that instead.

Oh I also wondered if we should have a new challenge.

I was thinking something like a specific model car, unmodified so we are all on a level playing field.

For example a 350Z (cant remember what models they have on GT6!) around tsukuba?

Dunno what you guys think but I think it could be interesting.

Was thinking something like this also. It'll probably be the HR 350z because it's the only premium one. I'll do that one once everyone has had a few goes at these ones :thumbs:

It's so annoying sitting here at work and seeing these times tumble knowing it's going to be hours before I can get back on GT!

I work evenings, so while all you lot are at home whooping my ass, I'm getting more and more agitated :lol:

A zed based challenge sounds fun.

Remember the TG where Clarkson tried to beat his GT4 time at Laguna Seca in a 'vette, but in the real world? I'd like to see a stock muscle car challenge at Laguna Seca at some point please! There's no rush though, there's so many cars and tracks, not like Forza :p

After some swearing, endless barrier collisions, then stiffening of ARBs and repeated gear ratio tweaking:

Goodwood 0:49.550

I will never be driving that again out of choice :lol:

3 tenths at Silerstone needed eh? Might take my new ARBs there...

Nice time Oz. :thumbs: