Gran Turismo 6 350-UK Championship

KyleR

There's some nice times coming up for Challenge 2 already, starting to think I just got very lucky with my suspension setup on the Louts giving me a competitive edge.

Stu, would you be ok with sharing your setup for the Elise? I'm curious to see if your setup is significantly different from mine.

What? Give away the secrets? Try emailing Adrian Newey for his plans for the new RBR F1 car! :lol:

Will post up after work.

There's some nice times coming up for Challenge 2 already, starting to think I just got very lucky with my suspension setup on the Louts giving me a competitive edge.

Stu, would you be ok with sharing your setup for the Elise? I'm curious to see if your setup is significantly different from mine.

What? Give away the secrets? Try emailing Adrian Newey for his plans for the new RBR F1 car! :lol:

Will post up after work.

I had asked Adrian for some pointers on the setup, got a rather rude response back about being quite busy... the cheek!

Nope not TVR.

I'm miles a head so I'm not telling you :lol:

Just kidding, it's the rocket, 50% power and add ballast to reduce it to 450pp ;)

Nice one. I wonder if I can get a Bentley Speed 8 race car down to 450pp. Doubt it. You may be onto something there mate. I don't see it as cheating at all. 450pp is 450pp. Gran Turismo doesn't really permit cheating as such.

Nope not TVR.

I'm miles a head so I'm not telling you :lol:

Just kidding, it's the rocket, 50% power and add ballast to reduce it to 450pp ;)

Nice one. I wonder if I can get a Bentley Speed 8 race car down to 450pp. Doubt it. You may be onto something there mate. I don't see it as cheating at all. 450pp is 450pp. Gran Turismo doesn't really permit cheating as such.

Go for it! I doubt it though. I also wonder on the Red Bull Jr can be brought down enough and does it constitute as British since it's designed in Milton Keynes? :lol:

• Like 1

Will post up after work.

I had asked Adrian for some pointers on the setup, got a rather rude response back about being quite busy... the cheek!

Setup was for Goodwood, but similar to the one I used for other tracks, don't have the exact settings for SS and BH as I'm constantly fiddling.

Transmission ratios to suit track.

Ride height 75 - 80

Spring rate 5.1 - 9.1

Dampers (comp.) 4 - 6

Dampers (ext.) 5 - 6

ARBs 4 - 4

Camber 0.5 - 0

Toe 0 - 0.15

Brake Balance 5 - 4

Downforce 18

Ballast weight 35kg

Ballast position -50%

LSD

Rear - 10

Acc. sen. - 45

Bra. sen. - 30

Not sure how many of these are defaults or tweaks.

Edited by SuperStu

This will set the cat amongst the pidgeons, but I can't say I'm surprised because a stock 02 model has more torque than the higher powered 07 model and it shows. As a wise racer once said "Torque wins races".

Don't take my word for it, see what you think. Bone stock (just purchased) cars. The only thing I did was give the 02 the same tyres as the 04, i.e. Sports Hard as opposed to Comfort Soft to make it a fair fight.

I did 5 laps in each around Tsukuba Circuit with no traction control and abs set to 1.

02 Model 1:07.074

07 Model 1:07.628

I might add that the 02 model was consistently under 1:08, whereas only one lap of the five driven in the 07 model was under 1:08

post-19566-0-56015400-1391020952_thumb.jpg

Edited by cyberfella

308 + 326 (?) after the oil change.

I went from 308 to 320 after an oil change, interesting.

I might be wrong, though, i'm in work so i cant check. Did you drive it before the oil change?

Yeah, did about 30 laps over two circuits, then an oil change and then noticed an improvement in BHP figure.