My new car VW GT TDI

Pimm

I purchased this around Xmas time after selling the zed and collected this last Thursday. It is a MK7 2013 GT TDI Bluemotion and I am very happy with it so far. Love the look of the 3 door and in black was the colour choice for me(will never look as nice as my Azure).

Fully loaded and lots of optional extra's like Xenon's. Panoramic Roof, Dual climate, Touch Screen Satnav, DAB,Cruise Control with speed limiter and Automatic Distance Control and so on.

:teeth: :teeth:

P1020855.jpg

P1020864.jpg

P1020860.jpg

P1020865.jpg

It looks lovely :)

I did a quick google as it did take my fancy but ouch.....25k (new) for a diesel golf! What is this world coming too :dry:

I thought the same when buying it but I have just sold my zed and a 10 plate Diesel Corsa which was my daily commute so combined both it turned out not a bad deal for me. I am very happy with the spec of mine, makes it more interesting and the amount of Torque is B)

• Like 1

Brilliant cars, soooo much torque, bulletproof engine and very easily tuned, looks great and so relaxing to drive because you hardly need to change gear !

just make sure you dont do too much wafting on all that torque because the turbo will clog up with carbon deposits - quite a big issue with earlier engines (including mine). Apparently a good regular thrashing is the answer

It looks lovely :)

I did a quick google as it did take my fancy but ouch.....25k (new) for a diesel golf! What is this world coming too :dry:

Yeah, expensive to buy, but I expect also has the best residuals too. Thats the choice you make.

We've got a MK6 (Not the GT) and it's a lovely car. They do feel quicker off the line and accelerating in 4th gear can get you to silly speeds in a very short space of time. They obviously aren't quicker than a Zed, but the turbo kick is always fun and they handle pretty well too. I'd definitely get another.

nice , how does it feel compared with the zed ? does it FEEL any quicker

Two completely different cars. I loved my zed for the power, noise and it's looks. The Golf is quickish, smooth and looks ok. I am not going to start on about it being faster than a zed because it will turn into a thread like the Vauxhall VXR being the fastest car out there, lol.

I am very happy with my new car :D :D

Brilliant cars, soooo much torque, bulletproof engine and very easily tuned, looks great and so relaxing to drive because you hardly need to change gear !

just make sure you dont do too much wafting on all that torque because the turbo will clog up with carbon deposits - quite a big issue with earlier engines (including mine). Apparently a good regular thrashing is the answer

Yeah I rebuilt the turbo on my bro in laws gt tdi, was all clogged up but it had done 225k ! So he wasn't complaining

Yeah I rebuilt the turbo on my bro in laws gt tdi, was all clogged up but it had done 225k ! So he wasn't complaining

just out of interest was it "just" a strip down and clean or new seals etc - i have seen replacement cartridges on ebay (includes both wheels, bearing etc). I ask cos i've got to do mine - which started giving problems at around 80k, going into limp mode etc)

just a strip down and clean (obviously checked for play in the bearings and shafts), its annoying limp mode and no turbo and then it clears and you get a lump of torque/power but it seems to know when you want to overtake !

I saw something on a forum about using oven cleaner with the turbo in situ ?

yeah i tried the oven cleaner - but after doing a bit of research on youtube, i think the only way to do it properly is to remove it and strip it which will be a pain - the dealer would just replace it which would be £1000+ probably!