Just watched Rush

coldel

Seen it in the cinema when it came out. Amazing film!

Also seen documentaries with real footage of them. I couldn't believe how much Nikki Lauder and his wife looked like the actor/actress in the film.

great film watched it on a flight to new zealand, wasn't really sure what to expect but really entertaining well worth a look :)

Watched it on a flight too, with headphones on the way to Australia on an A380. I shouted out loudly when Hunt punched that reporter and startled a few people! :p

Great film

Edited by KurtB

I thought it was good but not as good as I was expecting if I'm being totally honest.

All scenes filmed at the Foxhole at the Nurburgring :lol: .

Superb film Daniel Bruhl is more Lauda than Lauda himself!

Yes, very true, really, really great acting.

I thought it was good but not as good as I was expecting if I'm being totally honest.

Glad it wasn't just me - I too thought it dissappointing - I was looking forward to it too !!

It was good how it showed Motorsport of the Day though.

More fun for sure.

Hoping this years Season of mass changes - takes the Sport further forward and brings back even more challenging racing.

Slightly off topic. Theres a couple of very good documentaries on how dangerous Motorsport was back in the day. One is all about the birth of the drivers 'union' mainly led by Jackie Stewart and the battle between the drivers for safetry and the FIA and the other is about the unrestricted rally cars of the 80's and has some fantastic footage

Slightly off topic. Theres a couple of very good documentaries on how dangerous Motorsport was back in the day. One is all about the birth of the drivers 'union' mainly led by Jackie Stewart and the battle between the drivers for safetry and the FIA and the other is about the unrestricted rally cars of the 80's and has some fantastic footage

No names? One of the BBC documentaries was called "Grand Prix: The killer Years" I think and was pretty good, is that one of the programmes you were thinking of?

I really enjoyed it. BTW, the old ambulance in the movie is owned by the landlord of the pub round the corner, he even drove it in the movie, very cool:

I was going to upload a photo but photobucket is down, you can see the ambulance on Google Street view though:

http://goo.gl/maps/ue8vk

I'm suprised there isn't any love on this forum for the old ambulance, guess it is a van after all and not a sporty rwd.

Saw this at the cinema when it came out and it certainly was an excellent film. Really made you think you were there track side back in the day. One of my favourite bits is when Lauda`s car breaks down in the middle of Italian(?) mountains and some local guys give them a lift. That had me cracking up.