4 Wheel Alignment info needed.

WhackyWill

As I am having some suspension parts fitted at ZED SHED on Saturday I've been researching alignment in the Bournemouth area. Christchurch Tyres comes up fairly often so I rang them and they charge £60 all in - good price. Hopefully have time to get there on Saturday afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a difference between an alignment to get the lines in the green areas (cheap as chips, £60 tops) and a proper geo done by people who know how different cars react to different settings (more expensive, I've paid £300 before for the best). Don't be fooled into thinking that anyone with a Hunter system, is the best: As I've said before, a bloke with a couple of bits of string can do a better job if he knows his chips.

Go where the knowledge is, not where they charge the least.

Well said, cars like an Elise or Exige can be extremely time consuming to set up often a full days work to do it properly. At a race meeting or Rally you don't have the luxury of something like a Hunter setup so old methods are used to great effect.

Something like the Hunter or similar only makes the job easier and is a good way to show the customer exactly what you have done.

When I bought my VX it came with the Geo properly done and a receipt, £193 I think it was!

As I am having some suspension parts fitted at ZED SHED on Saturday I've been researching alignment in the Bournemouth area. Christchurch Tyres comes up fairly often so I rang them and they charge £60 all in - good price. Hopefully have time to get there on Saturday afternoon

Good price, bit of a trek for me to Bournemouth .. :scare:

Had mine done after CS fitted coilovers, a place Mitz recommended just round the corner from him, £60 all in although I did have to go back to Mitz as the tyre centre were afraid of breaking one of the bolts. Andy spent five minutes with penetrating oil and some elbow grease to free it off.

£150 seems a tad high but i guess you have to factor in London premium, also price isn't everything, you have to trust those working on your car.

We need to clarify the whole alignment/geo thing here.

£150 is very expensive for an alignment. £150 is a good price for a geo. Using Beissbarth gear, I suspect Will is getting the latter. That's my very poor terminology usage in my first post.

• Like 1

We need to clarify the whole alignment/geo thing here.

£150 is very expensive for an alignment. £150 is a good price for a geo. Using Beissbarth gear, I suspect Will is getting the latter. That's my very poor terminology usage in my first post.

Here's the reply from Brunswick, when I asked them for a cost for a 4 wheel alignment.

They did my X5 and Golf 4motion and I'm sure it was about £70 for the above.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your enquiry. Wheel alignment would cost £150. This is carried out using the Biessbarth 3D wheel alignment system.

Please call us when you are ready to book this in

Many thanks

Andy Sklinidjis MIMI

Service Reception

Brunswick Garage.

Brunswick Industrial Park,

Brunswick Way,

London,

N11 1JL.

Tel: 020 8361 5000

Fax: 020 8361 3138

www.brunswickgarage.com

£150 is a rip off, London or not. OK, if there is significant changes and bolts are seized then maybe but there are plenty of places around the London area that will do a quality check/adjust for under £100.

How much is the kit though, surely they've got to recoup their investment?

£150 is a rip off, London or not. OK, if there is significant changes and bolts are seized then maybe but there are plenty of places around the London area that will do a quality check/adjust for under £100.

A Hunter Hawk Eye system with a proper alignment ramp is around £30K

A lot of money, but not a bad investment when charging around £50 per check (plus £xx for adjustments).

Wow! So you can see why they need to charge that then!