Azure roof wrapping colour ideas please?

blindbandit

Hi all, I want to wrap my Azure 04 350's roof, I was thinking gloss or satin black but this new 4d carbon stuff looks pretty sweet. If the roof looks good I intend to wrap the boot and bonnet as well. My problem is I haven't seen this in the flesh so I'm not sure what vinyl suits the car and what looks tacky???? :shrug:

Any thoughts much appreciated cheers Dan :teeth:

gloss black is always a win for me, I don't really rate matt or carbon roofs

edit: you may find doing the bonnet and boot wont look right. As the bonnet doesn't meet the a pillars, and boot ends at a pillars. itll look a bit mis matched, worth getting it photoshopped at different angles before you try

Edited by ddcboyle

Had my roof painted gloss piano black during the build job at RT Performance. There is a photo under their archived worked in proffesional traders if you want to have a look to get an idea of who it looks.

Payco

Cheers for your input guys, you confirmed what I was thinking already, gloss black it is. Will have a look at a few cars in the flesh before committing myself to doing the boot and bonnet. Nismo V1 spoiler, blade in gloss black and support posts in Azure me thinks? :stir:

Dan

Cheers for your input guys, you confirmed what I was thinking already, gloss black it is. Will have a look at a few cars in the flesh before committing myself to doing the boot and bonnet. Nismo V1 spoiler, blade in gloss black and support posts in Azure me thinks? :stir:

Dan

Sounds good ! :)

I.m.o, best two tone look on any colour zed is black roof, tinted windows, depending on spoiler, black centre otherwise colourcoded to car, if nismo front itd be either black centre or full black. People see black roof as "safe". Its that black fits in perfect for zed roof. Random colours dont work I.m.o and carbon, well I just dont like carbon vinyl at all. Even if it looks real, you still have to say "yeah its wrapped" and that extra 100 or so pound it cost to be wrapped still makes you look like you got tight wallet

• 1 month later...

Wrapping advice.

Hi all, a bit of advice on wrapping from a vehicle wrapper.

Carbon fibre exterior wraps should be thought about carefully. We currently have some on our van. Most importantly, the textured effect is difficult to keep clean,

black is not to bad, but colours are a nightmare. We had red and yellow carbon and it only ever looked good after a really thorough clean - be aware. I would never advise the use of silver or white carbon to wrap a car. The best colours by far for wrapping are the metalics. They are like paint. Gloss black will never look as good as metalic black paint. 3M 1080, Hexis 30000 and 20000, Avery supreme wrap. These are good wrapping vinyls from £15 - £30 per linear metre by 1.5m wide.

They all have easy apply technology for bubble free application, but this technology aids rather than making wrapping a simple job for anyone. If I wrap a vehicle on my own, I would expect to do it in 3 days, with an hours help from someone on the roof and and an hours help for each bumper.

Price guide. We are wrapping a Porsche in a couple of weeks. The material costs to customer is £500 (Candy metalic red) and £1100 labour.

Price should only really reflect materials cost, as most car wraps (within reason) should be about labour. 2-3 good wrappers will do it in 1 - 1 and a half days

1 wrapper 3 days etc. Standard colours from £15 per metre to stupidly expensive chrome at around £100 per metre.

I would give a customer a discount if they had door handles logos and trims pre removed, as it saves me plenty of time removing and re installing so I pass the

saving of this time on to the customer.

Pros and Cons

Pros - Changing colour does NOT need recording on your log book.

A 350z in a metalic wrap would be approx £1500 (I don't know how much a good respray is.)

Keeping some spare material means is someone scratches or keys it, you have the material on hand

Good paintwork underneath remains good if you want to sell it in original condition.

Cons - Wraps don't go all the way inside places like engine bays etc.

Some original colours would remain on the inside

Wrapping does not generally involve prep work, it will cover stone chips, but not hide them completely

Matt black, gloss black, chrome etc show them up more.

Wraps are good, but a perfect wrap will still never be as good as a perfect respray and lacquer.