Timing chain

Mike1989

I've recently discovered I need a new timing chain, I've searched the web to try and find one, without paying the £570+vat that main dealer want and come across them in the states for around 300 dollars! Would you leave well alone because that seems a lot cheaper, will quality be poor for that? Mike

It cut out on me while I was driving and wouldn't start up again, so I thought it would be airflow problem so I pulled the sensor out and it started up but went into limp mode, so took it straight to a good mechanic I know, he plugged it in and said it was cam sensor, he replaced that but still wasn't right.

If the timing is out & you haven't taken the engine apart your engine is screwed & you will need more than a timing chain.

What codes is the car throwing? Have you tried resetting the codes since you messed around by pulling plugs/sensors out?

There are 2 cam sensors on a V6, did he replace the right one?

• Like 1

Dude, take note of what everyone is saying on here. We are only trying to save you wasting money. The last thing you want is to be paying labour for taking the engine apart.. It is not a straight forward job. You need to rule out absolutely EVERYTHING before going down the timing chain route.

First of all what codes was the reader bringing up? Were these codes sprung after a reset?

It is so rare for the timing chains to go on the zed. I, personally would be getting a second and a third opinion and most certainly not taking the opinion of one person as gospel. Even take it to a nissan stealer. They may charge you a few quid to plug your car in to their machine, but it will be money well spent.

We are only trying to help and save your bank balance :thumbs: