Squeal on acceleration

oderuyter

Ok, zed had full service at Nissan back in September, since the wet weather the zed has developed a tasty ass squeal when accelerating especially when running from cold, goes away after driven for a while. Any advice?

I read it as a Tasty Ass Squeal...!!! Nothing wrong there then.. :lol: :lol:

Its either a fan belt / alternator belt or tensioning belt (if the Z has one, i dont know). When you get it checked by a mech, confirm you have the correct belt fitted as opposed to just tensioning or replacing it. I once took another car to a place and they sprayed WD40 on it to stop the squeal. Belts wear, so do pulleys, get them checked too. Take it back and ask them to test the alternator, it may be seizing. When it squeals, look at your volt meter clock, is it above say 15 volts ? If its at 12 ish theres no charge coming off the alternator, meaning the belt isn't turning the alternator pulley.

Edited by mikkydoos

Hi mate, take it down the road to Barnard and Brough and get the techincian to have a look. I had the same issue this time last year and they tightened my belts for £30. You have a Nissan dealership on our doorstep.

Payco