Suggestions on building a pc

wizurd

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I built my computer over Xmas and isn't that hard as long as you have bits it just all plugs together, hardest bit is drivers/software etc for me everything else was pretty straight forward,

i might have an alienware case knocking about if interested let me know

OS aren't hard to get these days lol

Interesting idea on building a hackintosh. Always go with windows since its what I'm used to. Have worked on AIX so Unix isn't something I'm alien to just not in the home arena.

Thanks for the hot deals link. Not sure that's actually cheaper than I'm getting the bits for at the moment though. Although good to keep an eye on there.

OS wise I may just be going windows 8.1 but I'll see.

Like I said I've built a couple of pcs years back now and I know I lovr having all those boxes sat there with bits waiting to be plugged together so there's definitely a lot of satisfaction with building it yourself.

Will have more of a nose around today since I'm off. Cheers for the info ideas so far.

Oh no, the FBI might come hunt you down for downloading, be really scared.

I owned the biggest torrent site in iceland, almost 50% of the population was registered for 4 years, no problems at all.

Where is it now?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by neo, January 10, 2014 - illegal content
Hidden by neo, January 10, 2014 - illegal content

I got bored of it, and the cost for all the servers ware more then the income was so i sold it

The total income was only around 10.000 pounds, cost was way more.

It was called Thevikingbay, then 2 years in it changed to deilt.net/deiling.is, As much as i like to keep p2p freedom, I aint paying that much money for keeping it up

Edited by Aglii

If you are beginnger in linux i would recommand

Linuxmint 15 desktop

or there is also one ive been testing which is quite nice and user friendly called Linux rosa desktop new one, also few others i have been trying in the last month, this is the application menu of linux rosa, there is also a desktop behind this.

mandriva-2011-rc1-startmenu.png

Edited by Aglii