Ebay

Jetpilot

Trying selling an Iphone 5s No matter how clear and specific you are, the typical way it goes is you get a bunch of stupid questions e.g "will you end the auction for £150 followed by some melon who wins the auction and then fails to pay. Nightmare!

Some people where selling iphone 5's for £400 etc and then only sending a box as the phone wasn't in the description.,

That's Frightening...Where do you reckon they may be from... :scare: :scare: :scare:

• Like 1

I sell 200 items a month on eBay. Plenty of scammers out there, but these really are the minority.

I think scammers will target unsuspecting honest sellers who don't know the buyer protection rules properly, particularly with regards to sending items recorded delivery....

Ebay are trying to provide a safe environment for BUYERS not SELLERS, which is ironic as all eBays income from sellers!! In theory it should work, eg if you buy something, and it doesn't arrive then you should get your money back shouldn't you, which is right. It's just unfortunate that scammers will always try to exploit these opportunities......

• Like 1

I once bought some computer equipment from The States through EBAY, The AMD 3700+ CPU's turned out to be test chips sent out to various companies, in theory they were still the property of AMD, the motherboards were PcChips flashed with an ECS bios to get the CPU to work, one of the motherboards had the Bios chip in the wrong way around, which I didn't notice until it was too late. These CPU's wouldn't work on any other motherboards, like Asus or Gigabyte for example. When I eventually got them all running after almost 12 months The CPU's ran really hot requiring a better fan than the ones I was sent. I didn't dare give him a negative as I wanted to maintain my 100%. The guy was eventually kicked off EBay, there was even a web site dedicated to exposing his cheating ways. If you do a google for "FastMemoryMan" he's a scam legend on EBAY :) .

Ebay were worse than useless, despite multiple, well hundreds, of complaints by ripped off buyers it took about 4 years to finally delete his account. They even threatened to delete my account after I posted a warning about him on one of the EBay forums. Consequently I no longer buy stuff from The States and will only deal with traders with 100%.

Pete

Trying selling an Iphone 5s No matter how clear and specific you are, the typical way it goes is you get a bunch of stupid questions e.g "will you end the auction for £150 followed by some melon who wins the auction and then fails to pay. Nightmare!

Some people where selling iphone 5's for £400 etc and then only sending a box as the phone wasn't in the description.,

Don't forget you have their address from your pay pal transaction..!! :surrender:

I saw something similar when PS4s were going for silly money on Ebay before Xmas. Someone had put a PS4 box on there and even though it said "just the box" very clearly the bids were already flooding in for hundreds of pounds. I have to read a lot of documents for my work and one of things you learn is to read everything very carefully! I think a lot of folks on Ebay don't read the descriptions properly before bidding. :wacko:

I also hate the fact that you can no longer give negative feedback as a seller, only positive. Worst decision Ebay ever made imho.

Edited by sipar69

Don't forget you have their address from your pay pal transaction..!! :surrender:

I saw something similar when PS4s were going for silly money on Ebay before Xmas. Someone had put a PS4 box on there and even though it said "just the box" very clearly the bids were already flooding in for hundreds of pounds. I have to read a lot of documents for my work and one of things you learn is to read everything very carefully! I think a lot of folks on Ebay don't read the descriptions properly before bidding. :wacko:

I also hate the fact that you can no longer give negative feedback as a seller, only positive. Worst decision Ebay ever made imho.

The biggest joke about that situation was that eBay refunded him the bloody money :scare: They should have given him naff all because it was clearly stated in the description and listing, that it was the box ONLY.

• 2 weeks later...

Why??

I'm an ebay seller but I actually agree with it. Just look at the post by Jetset above stating that he got ripped off but didn't want to leave the seller negative feedback for fear of losing his own 100% feedback, that just can't happen in the real world. If you have a problem with a sale you should be able to report that fact.

The only issue I have is that you should be able to leave negative feedback for non-paying bidders.