What 350z parts are interchangable between pre-post facelift?

ddcboyle

Was looking at the different interiors of the pre and post facelift 350z, and most interior parts look like they would pull out of one and just fit in the other?

I've seen the door cards being swapped, to give the extra cup holders. But can otherparts be changed? Such as the 3 piece centre console?

I like the facelift cubby area, and the arm rest area, but prefer the pre-facelift heating dial area. Are these all interchangeable?

Im sure someone will come on who has attempted the centre area. My main concern was the arm rest area, not sure if they changed any parts around that wouldnt fit in original slot?

31st Jan heading away, car is half green half silver at the moment, but taking the rest of the wrap off. Its 50:50 wether i keep the car, waiting out on police fitness tests etc. But just bought 2 supersport rear tyres and fixing banana arm, so along with the mods and fixes ive done, basically brand new minus the engine lol.

Interior im looking at incase any come up cheap, wouldnt mind a nicer looking interior :D

It's been done, so I'm pretty sure it's all interchangeable. Now whether you can change 2 parts of the c/c to facelift and leave the pre facelift gear surround, I don't know. But if you do get the whole lot, you'll also need the white control box from the facelift car for the heating dials, or else it'll not plug in or work.

I have just done this. Unfortunately it's a pain in the backside. None of the pre and post parts fit each to each other. There are subtle differences with each piece so you really need the entire centre console from arm rest up to the dials. Also you need to rewire the hazard switch which involved having to swap over wiring looms and extend the switch. Also you need to change over the knee rests! That one caught me out.

Yeah got it all fitted, just need to sort out a gauge cluster in the hole left by the cubby and it'll be all finished. It is do-able, but was a bit more of a headache than I'd anticipated! There's a guide online, just trying to find it now.

I can't believe where they put the ashtray in the 350 ~ I'm a smoker but never use it as if I tried to when driving I'd surely crash or just tap ash all over the centre console. :lol:;)

Ashtray? Even when i smoked i had the window down, sunshine or thunder storms lol. Thats a glorified coin holder. You either put fags in there, and the car stinks for weeks, or you open window and tap it out (except you have to hold your arm all the way back when releasing the cigarette, otherwise it swoops back into your car and behind your seat.... burn mark..... >.< )

• Like 1

As i have just discovered ,you also would have to swap the head unit for the facelift headunit as it is different shape to the pre facelift ,of course if you have swapped out for an aftermarket you will be ok ,I have the whole kit sourced for doing this swap only to discover the headunit issue as i want to keep OEM i can get over the issue with another forum members help modifying the headunit but need some spare time and workshop space to get back on it but due to workload its on hold

I can't believe where they put the ashtray in the 350 ~ I'm a smoker but never use it as if I tried to when driving I'd surely crash or just tap ash all over the centre console. :lol:;)

Ashtray? Even when i smoked i had the window down, sunshine or thunder storms lol. Thats a glorified coin holder. You either put fags in there, and the car stinks for weeks, or you open window and tap it out (except you have to hold your arm all the way back when releasing the cigarette, otherwise it swoops back into your car and behind your seat.... burn mark..... >.< )

Maybe that's why they did it ~ just so no-one would want to use it and keep the Zed as cigarette free as possible.

Definitely makes more sense to use it as a coin holder ~ can I call that a "mod" now?. :dry::lol:

• 2 months later...

I thought it was just me having to stick my arm all the way out back before releasing the cigarette lol

• 4 weeks later...

I have just spent a nice sunday afternoon in the workshop doing the complete center console and waterfall / cubby swap on my 54 GT and have to say i am well pleased with the finished look .IMO it makes the interior look far more modern ,and the hazard light switch is where i think it allways should have been.

I had been meaning to do this conversion for ages but to busy up to now with work and had all the parts except i was stuck with the original OEM bose headunit not fitting the face lift dash as they are shaped diferently,and i was adamant i wanted to retain the original bose oem setup even tho it skipped and jumped from cold,but last week spotted a face lift headunit on ebay for a fair price and bought that once it was here i couldnt wait to do the job lol.

I decided to strip the facelift headunit down ,and ve transfered the front face panel and the 6 disc changer unit over to my original old bose head unit re assembled it,also used the facelift headunit mounting brackets and away we went ,the best bit is the skipping and jumping is fixed as far as i can tell as well

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but that's what is here for lol. í ½í¸í ½í¸

Does the cubby and 3 pods at the top from a pre-f work with the rest of the facelift C/C?

afriad not it has to be the whole thing the only interchangable part between the lot is the center gauges they are the same the rest needs to be swapped