WTF !!!! how can this be right ?

neo

Just spoke to a work mate who as inquired about renting a new 2 or 3 bedroom council house that are just being built in our local area, only to be told they are all "earmarked" for the next wave (their words) of foreign immigrants yet to arrive !!!!!!

How the **** is this fair to born and bred hard working BRITISH families who have paid their taxes all their working lives and they miss out to someone who as paid NONE.

( yes i dont know all the in's and out's of the legal system/politics but to the average person this stinks)

sorry for the rant :surrender:

This is my own personal opinion and doesn't reflect the views of 350z-uk.com.

• Like 2

I call BS. No way would or could a council earmark properties that haven't even been built yet for people that aren't even in the country yet, not when the waiting list is so long already. They would be under immense pressure to get that list down as low as possible, not hold properties back for immigrants.

Why would they? How does it benefit anyone? The council cannot afford to have properties left empty as they have had their grants from the government cut already, so need to fill houses ASAP.

Great, thanks for the input. :thumbs:

Why do you do that? One word answers/memes in threads where sensible discourse is actually the right response? You're not half bad with words mate, so why not make the effort to actually say what you're inferring rather than just Lol or a picture?

I call BS. No way would or could a council earmark properties that haven't even been built yet for people that aren't even in the country yet, not when the waiting list is so long already. They would be under immense pressure to get that list down as low as possible, not hold properties back for immigrants.

Why would they? How does it benefit anyone? The council cannot afford to have properties left empty as they have had their grants from the government cut already, so need to fill houses ASAP.

+1 sounds to me like the council worker the OP's mate spoke to was voicing their owns views about who these houses will go to, rather than actual fact.

I'm with Dan on this. It'll be like one of those stupid email memes that have been doing the rounds for about 10 years.

Proper bull @*!#, I'm surprised smart people buy this kind of stupid tabloid agenda. Not only surprised, but so disappointed, as a Romanian, you know, part of the 746 billion wave of Romanians and Bulgarians coming over to Britain in 2014.

Have a read here:

http://www.telegraph...-to-the-UK.html

http://www.economist...omaniaisbooming

or perhaps you could watch this, done in Romania by my good friend, Paul Kenyon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ans_are_Coming/

Sick and tired of this scaremongering.

Rant over.

Edited by octet

My daughter + children living with us, on the council waiting list for years has applied for the 5 houses that came availiable in my village!....all went to "foreigners".

But of course its all bulls..t to some on here

I'm only referring to Romanians. Other than that not my turf, haven't got a clue what's happening.

But saying that, I used to work for a big company, own by Romanians, turning about £16 mil and dealing with social housing. Most of the people I've ever met when I was visiting the sites were English, a very few percentage was Asian or African.

Edited by octet

Having been an immigrant myself (in the fifties from the UK to Oz) us 'Poms' were not exactly welcomed even though my father was 'head-hunted' by the Oz Government and he had bought our house out there. So I do know how it can feel to move to a different country and with that experience I have no issues with those immigrating here who have a good work ethic.

But sadly this country, seemingly in fear of the EU, sends out the wrong messages about benefits that invariably attract those who want something for nothing - something that sadly has become the norm by what seems to be an increasing number of UK born and bred who have the same attitude.

But for those who have genuine needs they have to compete with these range of scroungers, who have become quite adept at knowing how to play the system if living here, or those who arrive here and expect everything, often using the 'no understand' flag, with housing officials and the like in fear of discrimination accusations etc rolling over at the expense of the genuine cases.

.....and breathes.

• Like 1

Great, thanks for the input. :thumbs:

Why do you do that? One word answers/memes in threads where sensible discourse is actually the right response? You're not half bad with words mate, so why not make the effort to actually say what you're inferring rather than just Lol or a picture?

Just as good as your input on tyres :lol: I keed.

Because that is just lol. Lol or a picture is the way I feel and therefore posting it. I could run on about why it's stupid but your post already explained that better than I could have.

Thread looks like this bloody foreigners.

Few people like yeah yeah bloody foreigners.

Oh yeah the guy who told me had a swastika tattooed on his head. I mean seriously you that gullible to take 1 persons advice who you probably don't know that well.

Plus it's Xmas. Where is the love for humans? For people?

• Like 1