Private registration

Roscoe

Evening all, not sure if this is the correct section to post this. Basically I've brought a private reg for my car sent all the bits off the the DVLA, have now got the log book (v5c) back with my new reg no. on. Question is when can I apply the plates to the car as I have not yet received the new mot certificate or a replacement tax disc. The dvla have not included any other instructions with the log book. New to all this so not too sure on what the deal is.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also gone down the private plate route. Did it at my local licensing centre in Bournemouth, they supplied everything at the same time as well as giving me authority for new plates to be made up. I should get onto them as you have paid the fee for all this to be done and it all needs to be there not just the log book.

Best of luck, would'nt change to your new plates just yet till the other paperwork turns up.

Have you got the letter from them giving you permission to get the new plates made up yet? If you've got that and the V5, I'd swap them over.

Not yet, just the V5 was sent on its own. I assumed I would get them together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk