My R35 GT-R exhaust came today! {pics}

TomLum

So ive decided to go down the GT-R exhaust route. Managed to finally get my hands on one. Thought I would get a couple quick snaps to try show how wide this beast is! Now I need to find someone willing to cut and weld to fit the Zed :) Will the tips a good metal polish over the week.

IMAG0059_zpsd5470b84.jpg

IMAG0061_zpsc2ea5908.jpg

Looks like a direct bolt on to me :thumbs: Are you keeping quad tips or going down to dual?

Im going to go dual tips I think quad would look a bit much as I wont to keep the car looking OEM+

Nice man, see you took the plunge! You'll love it!

Yep with your write up and photos it was enough to convince me! Was your hard to fabricate?

Shame its not just the exhaust that makes it sound like this!

Thats certainly not the sound im going for, Dont want the rasp. 'Scott_f91' has posted up a nice video of what the pipe sounds like mated with the oem system :)

Yep with your write up and photos it was enough to convince me! Was your hard to fabricate?

yes was a bit of fiddling around, like i mentioned to you. It took me and my mate from about 10am-6pm, but we didnt have a clue what we was doing to be fair haha

Just uploaded a quick clip to my thread, excuse the camera rattle and black screen lol should give you a better idea of what to expect :)

th_zorsttestclipMM_zps7e82e73e.jpg

So ive decided to go down the GT-R exhaust route. Managed to finally get my hands on one. Thought I would get a couple quick snaps to try show how wide this beast is! Now I need to find someone willing to cut and weld to fit the Zed :) Will the tips a good metal polish over the week.

IMAG0059_zpsd5470b84.jpg

IMAG0061_zpsc2ea5908.jpg

Wow that is wide!

I recon those tips would poke out lovely through the rear side vents on a chargespeed bumper!! :lol:

Good luck with the mod as the sound is awesome.

yes was a bit of fiddling around, like i mentioned to you. It took me and my mate from about 10am-6pm, but we didnt have a clue what we was doing to be fair haha

Just uploaded a quick clip to my thread, excuse the camera rattle and black screen lol should give you a better idea of what to expect :)

th_zorsttestclipMM_zps7e82e73e.jpg

Sounds lovley, would you say its OEM sounding but louder?

• 1 month later...

Cant wait to see a pic :D

How is it being fitted? Still 4 tips and just cut the exhaust to fit zed?

I will get one up tonight when I go pick it up. No its being choped up and welded with 2 tips to look OEM, just with the bigger GTR tips. I know some might think its boring but im didnt want the in your face look!

For anyone thats interested in this mod. Ive just got home and taken a few pictures. Sorry for the poor quality its dark and on my phone. Ive never had any exhaust work done before so any comments are welcome :)

IMAG0105_zpseb69d753.jpg

IMAG0106_zpsc185aa25.jpg

IMAG0107_zpse78b6506.jpg

IMAG0109_zpsfd1b6d0e.jpg