Supra mk5 coming to Detroit auto show?

StevoD

That looks stunning but the way the world is going I wouldn't be surprised if they released it with a 3 cylinder 1 litre fartbox engine in it!

Hmm, well they will sell more with a smaller engine, like the 86... But there's a vast array of super/turbo chargers available for those now which makes them pretty appealing.

So if they have a small engined sports car I don't think they will produce another or they will be competing with them self. Which means it can either go 3.0l plus or as mentioned Hybrid.

Whatever happens I want one. The Supra has always been a car I love

• Like 2

Not really much of a market for these big powered RWD cars though.

Everyone is going nuts for a new Silvia, but who would buy it ??

Same goes for the Supra I feel, even the low powered RWD sports cars are £30'000, WTF would a Supra or a Silvia be, £50/60'000.

When you're in that bracket things become very, well what else is there, in a crowded market sector already any big motor factor would struggle to draw up potential sales figures that would warrant all the R&D and testing that would be necessary to give these famous car badges the outcome required and demanded.

That's how I sort of see it, as sad as it is :( .

But please, prove me wrong :) .

Nope.

nope what??

Nope, there isn't a stupidly long wait time to get one. I've no doubt that there's a good few sold, but they're an incredibly rare sight on the roads: They make the 370 look popular.

There hasn't been 350,000 GT86s produced worldwide, much less registered in the USA! :lol:Source, and it's the owner's club too

There will be no new Supra. If there is, I'll take a bath in jelly. Green jelly, at that.

They make the 370 look popular.

Just to bake turd a little a longer here, but I've 100% seen more GT86's on the UK roads than I have 370Z's.

About 3/1 easy I'd say.

I have to say that I see way more 86's than 370's in Bournemouth, in fact I see more Porsche's and Ferrari's in Bournemouth than 370's, cant even remember the last time I saw a 370's driving along.

They make the 370 look popular.

Just to bake turd a little a longer here, but I've 100% seen more GT86's on the UK roads than I have 370Z's.

About 3/1 easy I'd say.

I have to say that I see way more 86's than 370's in Bournemouth, in fact I see more Porsche's and Ferrari's in Bournemouth than 370's, cant even remember the last time I saw a 370's driving along.

Same around guildford! Way more amg's too.

I hate the GT86 with a passion :lol: However when you look at the performance figures of the new line of German hatchbacks then why can't good performance be achieved at a lower cost? Although I do agree with Dan that the market isn't big enough which is ashame!

I hate the GT86 with a passion :lol: However when you look at the performance figures of the new line of German hatchbacks then why can't good performance be achieved at a lower cost? Although I do agree with Dan that the market isn't big enough which is ashame!

yep the bmw 135i.....ugly as sin, but quick.

yep the bmw 135i.....ugly as sin, but quick.

And about £40'000 isn't it ??

About £31,000 I think, so yeah, a lot!

baring in mind that it will touch 62 in under 5 seconds it is a lot car for the money. I wouldn't have or want one, but with the price of a BMW and the performance, why can't toyota do the same? I could see them releasing a turbo or supercharged GT86 which would is what it should have had in the first place. Not sure how that would work though with regards to subaru's interests