Replacement for OEM exhaust

Turbo-G

Well, my exhaust is blowing pretty badly due to corrosion around the flanges on both the mid and back section of the standard exhaust, so need to replace both sections pronto... However, I'm not too sure which exhaust to go for.

The standard OEM item from Nissan is £5-600 for both sections, which aftermarket alternatives are there that look very similar to the OEM item and are quite quiet in sound?

The car is completely standard, and I don't really have any interest in modifying it particularly, but could perhaps stretch to an aftermarket exhaust if it met my criteria in looks, sound and price.

Let me know what you would recommend, car is a 54' plate UK GT.

Cheers!

The Milltek system we do would fit the bill for an OEM replacement, if you wanted some more noise then I would opt for the Cobra system we offer, drop us a call or PM and we'll be happy to go through the options with you... :)

Systems can be seen in our trader area and here too - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_10 :)

Edited by CS

Plenty of reasonably priced Stainless steel exhaust systems to choose from. Just to give you an idea of what some of them sound like have a look here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/60920-tarmac-sportz-customer-exhaust-videos-thread/

Best bet is to have a look on Tarmac Sportz website, The Cougar Stores site & others to see what looks good to you. ;)

• Like 1

Quite a price difference between the Cobra and the Miltek, I don't think I can justify the extra for the Miltek.

So it looks like the Cobra resonated system can be had for around £425, and the OEM system for around £535.

Whilst the Cobra system sounds OK in the video's I've heard, it doesn't really give you a good indication what it will sound like in the cabin, in person.

Any cobra owners out there comment on how loud it is, and does it drone at all? Nothing worse than drone/bass from an exhaust on cruise.

Cheers.

The car is completely standard, and I don't really have any interest in modifying it particularly, but could perhaps stretch to an aftermarket exhaust if it met my criteria in looks, sound and price.

...And this is how Zeditis starts. :lol:

• Like 1

Cobra resonated is louder and deeper than stock and drones in the cabin at 2000-2500rpm under load (uphill etc) It sounds great but if you want to keep it OEM sounding then it may not be for you, Miltek would be a better option. Best to hear them in person as they don't sound the same in videos.

I went from a standard to a Cobra non-resonated. It can drone at certain revs but can be 'driven around'. It is a lot louder than standard, however it sounds awesome and always puts a smile on my face. I have no experience with the resonated Cobra but I'm very happy with the one I purchased (free plug for CS!) and have had many compliments on how good the car sounds.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to get the money together for a replacement exhaust, but as I live in Luxembourg I need a full system with TüV certification included! It's complete BS, but unfortunately required as mine is registered over here!