New Member intro

Hey everyone, thought I'd post up in here first.

My partner is currently in the hunt for a 350z so obviously that means I'm looking, she'll be driving!

Were after a red roadster, budget is of around £8k. Ideally like earlier than 06 for tax reasons.

We've seen 3 cars this weekend, two were cheap at around £6k and we knew we'd need to spend a couple of k to bring them up to standard, which isn't a problem we both quite enjoy a bit of elbow grease, bit of a project. However they were both very disappointing in their own ways. First car had a massive dent in the rear quarter and a number of dings and scuffs. The rays wheels were in terrible condition and the remote for the bird view was missing. The second was overall better but had a small tear in the roof, around an inch long by the drivers window. I did haggle a good deal @£5750 for that 2nd car but I have to do some research on replacing the roof before I commit...problem is it's grey and she really wants red! I said there is always wrapping :-)

Third car was at the place I'm sure you guys have heard of, " tradelink " near Hemel Hempstead. Up for around £8k with 40k miles seemed good and pictures looked excellent. Unfortunately in reality the car was disappointing as it stood. Someone had painted the front bumper and drivers wing but lazily left the bonnet and passenger wing pebble dashed with heavy stone chipping. Also, it's come over from Ireland so speedo, odometer and trip info are all in KLMS which was disappointing. Also the roof had some stitching which was coming undone and the roof wouldn't fully go down.

However the guy at tradelink did agree to get all those issues sorted for a price which my mrs seemed happy to pay. (Just!) I'm just waiting to get the answers to an email from him before I commit on a deposit.

So i'll put a wanted post up in the right section but if you know of a good red roadster please let us know!

That's all for now, I'm sure I'll be around a fair amount especially if tradelink don't come up true to their word and I end up buying one of the project cars we looked at!

Cheers, Mark.

Edited by Meeerrrk

Hello Mark and Welcome aboard. ;)

Tradelink are on here as a trader and I've heard good things about them from people who have bought Zeds from them (although I have not). Maybe also worth having a browse through the "Zeds For Sale" section to see if someones car on here meets your criteria. Good luck with the search. :thumbs:

Edit: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/

Edited by GMballistic

Thanks everyone.... Deposit put on a car from tradelink today.

The car is actually for my girlfriend, and she already has a list of things to do to the car, so i'll be busy for the next few months! Looking forward to picking it up once tradelink have prepped it for us.