GT6... Hmm...

downhuman

Ok, so I know I have a shiny new Xbox One but still received the PS3 version of GT6 today and am a bit 'meh' about it

Compared to Forza, obviously the graphics and frame rates are choppy - but what bothers me more is the handling and 'feedback' - nothing on Forza.

Now - if I could have the Forza engine with the GT6 content THAT would be nirvana!!

Graphics are miles better but the driving model and physics to me, on GT6, seem to 'easy' with a pad. You can fling cars around and it is almost easy - too easy.

Forza has realistic lift off oversteer, cars get unsettled down hills / on brakes more realistically and the pad trigger rumble really helps gauge grip and traction.

Firing up GT6 again with the wheel and pedals to see if it improves - GT5 is damn hard with a wheel!

Graphics are miles better but the driving model and physics to me, on GT6, seem to 'easy' with a pad. You can fling cars around and it is almost easy - too easy.

Forza has realistic lift off oversteer, cars get unsettled down hills / on brakes more realistically and the pad trigger rumble really helps gauge grip and traction.

Firing up GT6 again with the wheel and pedals to see if it improves - GT5 is damn hard with a wheel!

I have to say, having got my copy of GT6 this morning, that for me anyway, it feels just the same as GT5, have only ever played with the pad though.

I love Gran Turismo, but I think I'll wait until 7 is released next year for PS4. Forza does look ace, but I literally would just be buying an XBox One for that game... 5 tanks of petrol or 3/4 MPSS would probably be a better investment!

Mines at home ready to be installed later and updated overnight. I also have two free DLC's (torque and precision packs) plus a million free in game credits. Can't wait to buy a zed, lock the diff and start sliding around the new tracks.

I've kept up with all the developments and improvements in the new game of which there are LOADS. Faster menu loading and track loading times, plus you can choose a different name to your PSN name if you want, which is a nice touch. It's an all new suspension and handling model thanks to work done in collaboration with KW and Yokohama. Plus there's a new smartphone app coming which uses your GPS to plot any road you've driven within a 20x20km square area that you'll then be able to load into the games Course Maker. Yeah that's right - "It was as if a million forza fan boys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

The manual here is worth a quick read...

http://www.gran-turi.../gb/gt6/manual/

Add me (cyberfella on PSN) if you fancy hooking up online some time for a race / tandem drift.

Edited by cyberfella

Yeah course maker looks cool. As long as it isn't like the poo course maker from the last one. Forza is better IMHO by a long way despite content lacking. And assetto Corsa on the PC is similar with a better handling model. Gt6 on a pad sucks, way too easy. Forza is a lot better with a pad. Now got the ps3 wheel out gt is growing on me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Found a few niggles so far:

the fiat 500 Abarth literally does a stoppy when you jump in the breaks, it's hilarious :lol:

Using the paddles on the wheel which are actually R1 and L1 buttons, don't actually work as L and R buttons to shift the next page in dealerships for example :surrender:

The knocking down cones task thing is bloody impossible to get gold and the AI still needs some work to stop them from turning in on you.

I thought the whole thing was rediculously slow at loading at first, but it appears once you've loaded it once, it's 10x faster next time :thumbs:

One awesome addition is being able to fit BBKs, it's just shame you can't colour code them, but atleast when you win a car you can select the colour instead of being given boring blues and reds all the time :)

Lastly there still isn't enough customisation for the cars. Fair enough the only car I've tried added aero too in the HR Zed, but the kit is the exact same one and only one available in GT5, but there are about 7-8 wings available and we can now also add a full underbody kit to aid aero :thumbs:

The knocking down cones task thing is bloody impossible to get gold

I found the best way to do this is from the start goes in a straight line to the end bales, hit them and turn right, run up through the straight line of single cones, turn left before the end of the line to pick up the other cones and finally hit the other bales, thats ya 300 cones sorted and a gold.

I found the best way to do this is from the start goes in a straight line to the end bales, hit them and turn right, run up through the straight line of single cones, turn left before the end of the line to pick up the other cones and finally hit the other bales, thats ya 300 cones sorted and a gold.

I'll give it a go tomorrow and update if necessary lol

I'll give it a go tomorrow and update if necessary lol

This worked after several attempts, cheers :thumbs:

Any tips for the second cone challenge in the lotus? :lol: