Need to find a lathe

Jay-350z

As buying a lathe is out of the question, doues anyone know where I can use one, I've heard of these fab lab places, but not sure what there all about. My plan is to make some different gear knobs in different styles to sell on here and a few other places, I've recently made this dildo style gear knob from ally ant then polished, I would be making ones more like the nismo style too. Would anyone actually be interested If I went ahead of this?

The one I made from stainless so you can get the idea:

ape9ujy5.jpg

And the polished one:

a5ajade5.jpg

Sorry I don't have a full picture.

I'm not interested sorry Jay-350z as I'm more than happy with my current gear knob.

My Mrs wants to know how much though for some reason and can you do them in black?! She doesn't even drive so no idea why she wants one tbh. :dry:

Brilliant :lol: :lol:

It's my one at work, they certainly won't let me use that for a batch!

Daft question, but why not? Even if you use your own materials, and do it in your own time, and maybe bung a few quid to charity out of every sale? No offense, but I don't see you selling millions of these things anyway as it's a very popular marketplace if you even own a lathe, much less funds depleted if you hire one.

I'm not interested sorry Jay-350z as I'm more than happy with my current gear knob.

My Mrs wants to know how much though for some reason and can you do them in black?! She doesn't even drive so no idea why she wants one tbh. :dry:

Does she now which end to put the batteries in..!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

She asked me to ask where the straps attached? :shrug::p

No offense, but I don't see you selling millions of these things anyway as it's a very popular marketplace if you even own a lathe, much less funds depleted if you hire one.

I agree, unfortunately the market place for after market knobs is saturated. Millions in all shapes & sizes avaliable for pennies from china, so I personally think you`ll struggle to sell them.

She asked me to ask where the straps attached? :shrug::p

:lol: Excellent both. :D:thumbs:

Wish you luck in your venture. (more traders fees :teeth: )

But as others have said, the market is saturated.

I have just bought a new gear knob and I have both a metal lathe and a couple of wood lathes. Just not worth the time and effort for the price of them.

I always wanted the Zele one, but for £200 + postage and tax it seems to much:

370Z%20Titanium%20Shift%20Knob%20M2W.jpg

Oh my that is a piece of art..... I need that in my life.... Where do I find one ?

Hold on I'll fire my lathe up, hows £150 sound ;)

I just sooo like a little knob...!!! :scare: :scare: