Which Exhaust? - 370Z

mikeyb

Hi All,

I am new to the Forum as I only got my 370Z on Sunday,

I would like to give it a nicer and a bit louder sound compared to the stock system. I don't want it to be stupidly loud as that would just annoy me as I use it as a daily.

I am unsure what exhaust to go for - Any Ideas? Having a look through the other posts the Invidia Gemini Seems to pop up quite a lot is this a good call for the sort of thing I am looking for?

Cheers

Exhausts are real personal preference mate.

Massively.

YouTube will give you a rough idea of what is what but other than that it will have to be real life audio experiences that will make it upo for you, otherwise you'll be risking buying without hearing.

Personal preference for me is subtle but deep, as it's a V6 I want that burble, but not like a 9" Supra can.

Deep burble with a high end rasp is what I think is best - What I think is best, not the best.

You could always leave the exhaust system stock and get some HFC (High Flow CAT's) that will release more audible delights and will still maintain the Nissan sound with a deeper tone.

Other than that personal systems that I have heard and think sound good are the ARK, HKS and the Akrapovic systems.

When the time comes however I won't be dropping £1000+ on a system that I've not heard with my own ears.

All that said, almost ANY aftermarket system on the 370Z will be a major improvement IMO.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advise, I really like the ARK Grip system I think they look awesome but never heard one in person and they ain't the cheapest option. I probably need to go to a few meets and hear the different exhausts that people have then i can decide on which one I prefer.

Cheers

Lots to chose from out there, but be aware that there are some that make some great noise (and look good) but on long runs or everyday use can be wearing, noting your point about daily use. Try to get to listen to one on the move, as well as making you undoubtedly :D when it is stationary. :)

• Like 1

Cheers i will take this into consideration because I don't want to have a drone it would drive me bonkers.

I am Based in Harrogate - North Yorkshire. I will have to keep an eye out if there are any meets coming up because that sounds like the bets idea to hear them in the flesh.

Sounds like a fairly common demand for aftermarket exhausts on our cars, something sensible. I was in exactly the same boat myself.

I will echo comments about YouTube though, what you hear on there isn't a true perspective to real life but gives you a good idea none-the-less.

Here's a good selection of sound clips to get you started if you've not found already:

http://370zexhaust.com/

Hi Mikey,

Plenty here to choose from

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=6acd5627-7b5a-4fcd-b947-09b52eb6090b

Most have sound clips, also currently doing some Dec/Jan offers on exhaust combos such as the Invidia Gemini/Berk Combo

Drop me a message if I can help

Chris

Great selection. Have you ever thought about stocking the HKS system? Saw a vid of one recently and it sounded very nice. Don't seem to be easy to get here though.

I got this one off Tarmac + HFC

http://www.tarmacspo...st/BT1409_.aspx

and the video clip is of my car :cloud9:

Great video + great sounding combo. I have the same "hiss" noise with my Akrapovic/Berks combo and to be honest I would sooner not have it (the hiss noise that is), although I think it might be a side effect of fitting HFC's.

Yup the hiss is the air going through the cat tubes B)

I got this one off Tarmac + HFC

http://www.tarmacspo...st/BT1409_.aspx

and the video clip is of my car :cloud9:

Great video + great sounding combo. I have the same "hiss" noise with my Akrapovic/Berks combo and to be honest I would sooner not have it (the hiss noise that is), although I think it might be a side effect of fitting HFC's.

Yup the hiss is the air going through the cat tubes B)

and thats the very same noise that I love - just goes to show that everyone needs to hear personally the options before deciding

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys surfing amazon this am and I saw this..... Is it too good to be true, (worth the risk) my postage &tax quote was just another 70 dollars, but this way I could also get some hfc's!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QRNZ8G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3PYAOWTBWJ7AZ

Edited by Brayster

Hi guys surfing amazon this am and I saw this..... Is it too good to be true, (worth the risk) my postage &tax quote was just another 70 dollars, but this way I could also get some hfc's!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QRNZ8G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3PYAOWTBWJ7AZ

Exhaust + shipping + duty = not a massive saving for the risk, delivery time and not the easiest thing to return if there's a problem

It would need to be half price for me to be interested

I'm in the same boat, just want it to sound a little more sporty but not enough to warrant the hassle and cash of fitting a full-system. I'm therefore having some silencer delete pipes made and fitted on the 4th, the system is stock so this will just then leave the OEM CATS & back-box, will hopefully keep it sounding standard but just a little louder - and all for £90!! Will let you know after they've been fitted....

Ho hum double post, very cheap but a lot of cash to risk, let us know if you order then I can lol

I have heard the invidia and for me it was too quiet but as you say you could add hfc's at that price

Hmm thx, with the Tarmac jan sale, I was going to get an invidia and fit myself. But I think I need to get to a meet and hear some in real life before deciding, as it is a lot of money to spend and not be happy with the sound.

Edited by Brayster

Ho hum double post, very cheap but a lot of cash to risk, let us know if you order then I can lol

I have heard the invidia and for me it was too quiet but as you say you could add hfc's at that price

Hmm thx, with the Tarmac jan sale, I was going to get an invidia and fit myself. But I think I need to get to a meet and hear some in real life before deciding, as it is a lot of money to spend and not be happy with the sound.

When the weather starts to improve there should be more meets going on and I'd definitely recommend going along although it could be expensive :)

Edited by Will370z

When the weather starts to improve there should be more meets going on. Whereabouts are you based?

+1 to this. Always worth listening to various exhausts in the flesh and you will probably end up going for something completely different