Replacement battery

PS13Silvia

My car needs a new battery so I nipped over to Halfords at lunch to buy a new one, however their computer pointed us to an incorrect battery - about 2 inches to small in width & length and a suspiciously low 400 cold starting amps imo.

Same story at EuroCarParts 10 minutes later.

Does anyone know the battery code / spec of our cars? Can't see anything on the battery itself.

I wouldn't think they're the same as a 350Z due to more electronics on it plus the 5 tonne flywheel or is it?

Any help appreciated!

'59 plate 370Z mate - It's in my signature :lol:

I agree with you on Halfrauds, first time I've been in there for something other than cleaning products but thought they can't get it wrong surely. Reg in the computer & sell me the battery without them fitting it. Didn't go to plan!

Tried Googling a bit, many sites don't actually list my car :dry:

'59 plate 370Z mate - It's in my signature :lol:

I agree with you on Halfrauds, first time I've been in there for something other than cleaning products but thought they can't get it wrong surely. Reg in the computer & sell me the battery without them fitting it. Didn't go to plan!

Tried Googling a bit, many sites don't actually list my car :dry:

PM Zmanalex / Clarks. :pmzmanalex: , Will have the correct one in stock.

• Like 1

Quick update on this. New battery bought & fitted this morning as I needed ASAP due to car struggling to start.

Nissan themselves were actually the most reasonable; £48! Plus they keep them on the shelf for anyone that might need one in the future, beats Halfords by far :)

• Like 2

Surprised you needed a new battery as it can't be much more than 4 years old, as the 350 ones seemed to have generally lasted longer than that?

So thanks for the tip about a replacement source at a reasonable price though, for a change from Nissan. :thumbs:

Quick update on this. New battery bought & fitted this morning as I needed ASAP due to car struggling to start.

Nissan themselves were actually the most reasonable; £48! Plus they keep them on the shelf for anyone that might need one in the future, beats Halfords by far :)

That's a first - a Nissan dealer cheaper & more organised than others :)

I had to double check he hadn't missed a 1 or 2 of the start of the price :lol: I was expecting at very least £100 as batteries that sort of size & power from Halfords with my trade discount are at that much.

How I've been using the car recently wouldn't have helped, most of us are in winter mode / hibernation so the Zed isn't being used for any long drives. Mainly short <10 mile trips and I have seats on high, A/C at 30, music blearing & lights always on etc.

Excellent ! Good to know, cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are any issues that can be caused from running the lower ampage battery?

I find it odd that the whole car runs 15 amps higher just for the connect premium, the car it's self is running fine and all connect features running.

Seems odd that batteries are going like this still, did you cars not get the recall ??

I'm 90% sure that when I bought my 370Z I was told that the steering rack was swapped out as well as the battery and whatever was draining it under a recall…..

Mine seems fine, I tend to keep an eye on mine as I rarely use it, so when I do I look at the charge and try to take the long way anywhere to give it a good charge.

Hi Suits,

No my chassis isn't in the range but as far as I can tell the part number is the one affected.

I have it going in to be checked and if it is Nissan will have decide in what they give as the recall doesn't cover my chassis number.

Going in early January so we will see.

Keeping an eye on my new battery and found what was draining it so hopefully though this one isn't correct everything is running as it should be.

• Like 1

That would be really handy so I can check myself, pretty sure from part numbers that mine is the wrong but would save me driving it and getting to work.

Thanks!

I'll be back at home tomorrow so I'll dig out what I have man and let you know :) .

• Like 1

That would be really handy so I can check myself, pretty sure from part numbers that mine is the wrong but would save me driving it and getting to work.

Thanks!

I'll be back at home tomorrow so I'll dig out what I have man and let you know :) .

Cake - Right, I've looked through EVERYTHING I have and I can't find a single mention of it anywhere but I'm sure that when I bought it I was told that the battery had been changed and something replaced as it was draining the battery, a common fault apparently :( .

Sorry man, maybe someone else can shed some light on this ??

Gonna have to buck the trend and stick up for Halfords here. When I had it, I bought the correct battery for my 350 from Halfords at £30, admittedly with their trade card which can make a huge difference on certain items. So it's not all doom and gloom at Halfords :)

Just to add to this, even if it's for a 350Z, went to Halfords today for a replacement battery.

Asked to borrow a measuring tape to check measurements of the battery. I googled about and saw a mention of a 350Z owner that had previously bought at Halfords with success.

Measurements taken I headed back into the store and compared with the battery HCB005, the one mentioned in the review. The new one is only marginally taller and has 510 cold starting amps and 63 amp hours, so plenty of juice.

Edited by BulletMagnet