GrunDy's - Eleanor's Fat Ass!

Grundy

No sensible person likes Toblerone. Horrible stuff.

It's up there with Ferrero Rocher in the List Of Chocolate That Is Meant To Be Posh But Is Actually Utter Sh*te.

I'd go and watch 50SOG, as long as it guaranteed me getting some when I got home. You did get some, right?

wait you dont like posh chocolates :scare:

Shouldn't have bothered reading the last few pages of this thread especially at this time of night, :dry:

...it's making me hungry for sweet biscuit related treats and the closest I have in the house is a f**king packet of gone off "Jaffa Cake" bars. They're not even biscuits or sweets for Christ sake. :rant::D

• Like 1

Yey my upper camber arms arrived as well.

Seems to be 3 adjustments, on the rose joint ends and the main one. Is it a combo of all 3?

I'm guessing you got it all sorted? As I spotted your other thread.

Little teaser - Mouthwash has all the images from the weekends installation.

Still have the rears to do.

But look......THE WHEELS FIT! THEY BLOODY FIT!!!!!!!! First time they've seen the inside of the arch :lol:....Think I need a bigger spacer :stir:

10644971_10155328330430249_1500166645428457641_n.jpg?oh=bed7cfc121640ed63fcea68c9776d84b&oe=557127E2&__gda__=1435475079_06c1813e552d00d172fc18400d479860

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 3

Looking forward to seeing the pics !

I didn't bother taking any for my one but I'll try next weekend, just got the ARB's to do next :thumbs:

In a way I wish I paid a garage to do all this :lol:

A lot of stress, pain and ball achyness! But it's satisfying knowing I/Mouthwash did it.

• Like 1

Haha, just noticed the first part of your number plate: MW, you belong to me :lol:

It was a fun weekend with a lot of hard work because of your 12 year old bolts but we got there in the end and as you said, satisfying knowing we achieved it rather than you spending more money getting a garage to do it. Just make sure you get a proper alignment :lol:

• Like 1

Haha, just noticed the first part of your number plate: MW, you belong to me :lol:

It was a fun weekend with a lot of hard work because of your 12 year old bolts but we got there in the end and as you said, satisfying knowing we achieved it rather than you spending more money getting a garage to do it. Just make sure you get a proper alignment :lol:

Forgot to tell you I got home alive last night :lol: albeit I was dead inside :lol: My body wants to collapse today!

There was no rubbing at all on the way home, started building up more and more speed - But still so nervous about driving :lol:

Okay, so first of all a MASSIVE thank you to Mouthwash for helping me complete this, it took a lot of painful hours to complete the suspension, and he helped out on so many levels!

So...It's a bit of a mess this build as pictures are all over the shot :lol:

Anyway,

First up -

Anti Roll Bar

P1030873_zpstxxaonz0.jpg

The new one had such a more sturdy weighty feel to it, compared to the old rusty one.

So first of all, the Nismo lip comes off,

P1030864_zpswj40arm6.jpg

To allow us to get the car up on ramps :)

P1030865_zpsb5bca7ef.jpg

Then underneath to start undoing the undertray

P1030866_zpsjfc9u01x.jpg

Yes, that is me under the car, I do actually do things :lol:

So we started with undoing the drop links from the lower arm.

P1030867_zpsk4d1yjhm.jpg

The process of removing the ARB was a PITA! The bolts were rusty and seized on, took a lot of lube and effort to undo these by hand, took a lot longer than planned.

Here is the mounting point for the ARB Brackets (Didn't get a shot of the old one on underneath)

P1030868_zpsehacmuoa.jpg

Ian thought it would be funny to pin me down....heard that's how he gets them...

P1030869_zpsnkcs2pzj.jpg

Unwrapping the new ARB

P1030870_zpskhrkraby.jpg

We then measured the old Droplinks and adjusted the new ones to match the old ones size.

We then connected the Droplinks to the ARB and attatched them to the lower arm.

P1030874_zpsj7se1aqm.jpg

Then double checked the ARB lined up with the old mounting brackets.

P1030875_zpse8yrnheg.jpg

P1030876_zps66plnexf.jpg

P1030877_zpsdxyh77fw.jpg

P1030878_zpsxwu3bvjj.jpg

P1030879_zpsqjntn23g.jpg

P1030880_zpsyucjfxac.jpg

All lined up perfectly, not rubbing on anything underneath the car.

• Like 4

.Front Coilovers -

So after the front ARB was installed, we decided to leave the rear ARB until a later date, as time was getting on and we wanted to get the front suspension completed today (Saturday) and finish off the rear on Sunday.

So car was off the ramps and on to the axle stands.

P1030881_zpsjeinqohz.jpg

We then decided it was time for a break :lol:

P1030882_zpsnerglmrg.jpg

Off came the top Strut bar

P1030883_zpsbkojbbfk.jpg

These are the 3 bolts for the front suspension arm, these need to be undone to release the arm.

P1030884_zpss8aay3jm.jpg

Absolutely filthy under here :(

P1030885_zpskca7vdhp.jpg

Realised shouldn't of done up the drop link to the lower arm as we had to disconnect that to release the lower arm to allow the suspension to come loose.

P1030887_zps9wnbouhm.jpg

In the above picture you can see a large pole next to the suspension, she is call the persuader, this is what we used to loosen off the stupidly tight bolts :lol: Saved the day many times!

Now the passenger side suspension was off, it was time to remove the camber arm

P1030888_zpsnb8uoara.jpg

P1030889_zpsbgdtllyn.jpg

Now this little whore caused us soooooo much grief.

First issue was removing the corroded split pin. This took up way to much time (as we would later find out on another few pins :lol: )

Once the pin was removed we tried undoing the bolt, to only realise we were spinning the entire thread...this stumped us.

Luckily in Ians house, lives a mechanic named Keith...he is basically like Batman on a scale of awesomeness! Without him, we'd still be out there :lol:

We learnt that to remove that bolt, and stop it spinning in the ball joint, you need to place pressure between the arm and the camber arm. Keith had an awesome sandwhich plate tool, which you wedge into place to allow the bolt to remove.

After that bolt was removed, we then removed the final two rear bolts

P1030890_zpsl2pzksh0.jpg

FYI - We later found out an easier method, undo the above two bolts first, then bring the camber arm forward to apply the same pressure we did with the sandwich plate.

Here is the poxy split pin!

P1030891_zps2kwbwhsr.jpg

We pretty much left the coilovers as they came, we measured them just to double check they are the same - but you can see the difference in size already :)

IMG_3303_zpsyj2spgkp.jpg

IMG_3304_zpszgatrw9y.jpg

Here's the old Camber arm, ready to be lined up with the new driftworks arms, so we can scale them roughly the same size.

Although the fronts wont be exact to the old ones as we needed some negative camber due to my stupid wheels.

P1030893_zpsodixdpmc.jpg

Time was pressing on, we had spent a lot of time on this front passenger side, due to a lot of things causing us issues...it started to get dark :(.....Out came the spot light :lol:

We were determined to just finish this side before we went indoors.

P1030894_zps7tntfqav.jpg

Finally some progress, we fed the new coilover through the top 3 mounting holes.

P1030895_zpsrrge49z8.jpg

It got quite dark :lol:

P1030897_zpsdymyefmk.jpg

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

Day light and the next day...

P1030903_zpsrr0ghv43.jpg

The front passenger side was finally complete :lol:

Just a note to the height level, we haven't adjusted etc, just left as it came from BC. We just wanted it all on before we adjust.

P1030904_zpskpmofukw.jpg

So, it's sunday,

onto the drivers side :lol:

We deiced that our new weekend goal is to just get the front suspension on...

So with that, out came Keith to save us a lot of time.

This is what happens when the split pin wont come out :lol: Luckily driftworks camber arms supply new bolts :)

P1030905_zpsqqn8bh6b.jpg

P1030906_zpszjfw2nwi.jpg

On goes the new camber arms

P1030907_zpsatpmkr2f.jpg

An array of colours...

P1030908_zpsl4xmntoa.jpg

Not so many pictures of the drivers side, as we were trying to focus more and just get this job done :lol:

But the front is complete!

IMG_3315_zpsvjmgpqwb.jpg

P1030910_zpsjzjbanow.jpg

IMG_3317_zpsuvcpjinr.jpg

P1030911_zpspbsldo1v.jpg

IMG_3319_zpsdzjsfawl.jpg

IMG_3322_zpsbdghtvde.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a week later, and we are back at it again, finishing off the rear suspension.

But before we could start that, while installing the front suspension, we noticed the Steering Racks Rubber Shoe had cracked, so I contacted Clarky Motors who sent out a new one the next day - Great service as usual.

IMG_3327_zps6jqkwgl6.jpg

With modding, can't neglect the important parts that keep the car going :)

For some reason there is a picture of me...

P1030918_zps3rwmzaww.jpg

Here is the old Shoe -

IMG_3328_zps3a31izit.jpg

This is where the shoe slides onto

IMG_3329_zpsn6micmn1.jpg

IMG_3330_zpsps1osy0m.jpg

IMG_3331_zpstctyhony.jpg

IMG_3332_zps3pj7nssz.jpg

There, all better again :)

If you do replace these, make sure you put some grease in there to protect the exposed metal, to stop it from rusting :)

Boom,

So time for the rear -

IMG_3333_zpsqunbghpr.jpg

Turns out the TS diffuser can be a pain to allow us to jack the diff up :lol:

IMG_3334_zpsdup22uf1.jpg

Off comes the rear shock bolt.

IMG_3335_zpsrjststmk.jpg

IMG_3336_zpsco5tbhue.jpg

If these bolts don't come out, try jacking up the hub to relief some pressure, DO NOT TRY BANGING OUT, you will knacker the threads.

Old shocks and springs off

IMG_3337_zpsn47i4iel.jpg

NEW PARTS!

IMG_3338_zpskslmyogm.jpg

So I read online, you could remove the rear ARB, without dropping the exhaust....

This is true.....but it takes a lot of wiggling :lol:

IMG_3339_zpseckz9von.jpg

IMG_3340_zpsblwnqcbg.jpg

But....Tada! Once the old one is off, the new one is a piece of cake to get into position.

IMG_3341_zpszoiibne9.jpg

IMG_3342_zpsaw4x8ydz.jpg

IMG_3343_zpsq1g8bnsa.jpg

Again, rear ARB fits a treat, and again feels a lot better quality than the OEM one.

Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

Rear spring height difference

IMG_3344_zps3yebfnnz.jpg

Was about 60/70mm

IMG_3346_zpsuy3z2fav.jpg

Driftworks Camber arms going on, these were pretty straight forward setting up, just lined them up to the OEM ones to get a more or less similar size/setup.

IMG_3347_zpsp2upd1xp.jpg

IMG_3348_zps9qxiwssq.jpg

And she is complete....

But then it turned out...Tarmacs sidesteps might cause me some trouble.... :lol:

IMG_3348_zps9qxiwssq.jpg

P1030919_zpsvd75sbso.jpg

Basically had to build a train track of wood to get me off the drive.

It wouldn't usually happen, it's just because the entrance to his driveway is a bit like...... / \ So it causes it to beach :(

But made it off with no scrapes :D

IMG_3350_zpsqllbasae.jpg

IMG_3354_zps4gyyrosb.jpg

IMG_3359_zpsfgl00agl.jpg

IMG_3358_zpskkb9c7m3.jpg

Thanks for reading gang!

It's now booked in with Sly@Kaizer on wednesday. Going for a full alignment, and having Sly double check my installation for peace of mind.

For anyone thinking, it's too low, rubs etc.

No rubbing what so ever, no scrapping, not had any issues driving around as of yet. Seems to be a perfect stance with complete luck upon installation :lol:

So there we have it, no more 4x4 stance :D

• Like 7

Fair play to you for getting all that done on the driveway, when can we expect a full handling report? :)

Once it's gone to Sly,

After doing it ourselves, I now know what holds all my suspension together :lol: And I don't like it!

So once Sly has given it the all clear, I can push it properly on the roads again.

But just driving back home etc, it feels more stiffer, but I can't give a proper report until it's full aligned.

• Like 1