Looking to buy - advice please

Neptune86

Hello,

I'm looking to buy and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on buying a used 350z. I had a look at one at the weekend and was very impressed by what I saw and how it drove.

I'd probably look to get an 08/09 plate with a maximum of 40k miles on it. The one I looked at had 34k and was immaculate and priced at £12,500. I could also get a three year warranty included too which is very tempting and gives me a lot of comfort should anything go wrong.

Is there anything in particular I need to look for when looking at these cars? I'll be going up to another dealer this weekend and want to make sure that I am prepped and have some idea on the right level of pricing.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Welcome along and have a look here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

and possibly here too

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/18-350z-faq/

Searches for "clicky axles", "boot pop", "what petrol do you use?" ;), will provide some reading too. Good luck with your search, with that budget you should get something quite stunning.

I have no problems round town, but it's not city driving I do personally, some brakes can be a bit squeaky at low speed and rear visibility when parking is limited I find. Reverse cam sorted that :) MPG isn't great round town but I didn't buy her for the fuel savings!

I've just noticed something in that ad which I have concerns about - bad weather.

If I got one of these cars, it would be my main and only car. I have heard that you can't use these in the rain - is this something that I need to factor in?

I used my Z day in day out for nearly 4 years, snow/rain/ice (only ever had summer tyres), never had any problems, Z is a great every day car regardless of the weather and one of the reasons I kept mine for ages :)

6889830238_75d0b5793b_b.jpg

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

Have a look at this one also

http://www.pistonhea...n-350-z/1887689

thats a non HR model , I know most people know that but a newbie like me figured all 07 cars were HR's , not sure if thats an issue for the OP but when HR's can be had for £9k not sure the earlier model would be as desirable

Bang on mate, I never even noticed, just wrongly assumed as its an 07 that it was a HR :(