Info please

Soren40

I introduced myself the other day and just a couple of questions: can anyone tell me the tax difference between old and new 350z tax and can anyone give me a rough guide on a normal service compared to a so called big service, also a rough mpg driving normal with occasional WOT around town, cheers fellas

Anyone getting 26 MPG average clearly isn't driving their Zed properly! :p

I've just had a P1 and it was £80 labour and £75ish for the oil and filter etc. P2 and P3 you can expect £200-350+ depending on what you get done with it.

<06 = £280, <06 = £490

Services depend on where you go, but for a regular oil service it shouldn't cost more than £200 but you should be able to get it a good £50 cheaper than that. As for the "big" service, well that depends if it's just a regular "big" service or one that's going to require spark plugs, coolant, brake fluid etc, in which cars, like any car, the sky is the limit.

I get around 20mpg in town just driving normally with the odd squirt of the happy pedal, 30+ for long journeys.

Anyone getting 26 MPG average clearly isn't driving their Zed properly! :p

I've just had a P1 and it was £80 labour and £75ish for the oil and filter etc. P2 and P3 you can expect £200-350+ depending on what you get done with it.

:shrug:

Tbh honest if mpg is a deciding factor mate I would look at something else, trust me you dont buy these cars if mpg is on your mind.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Definitely agree with this statement. ;) Driving my Zed (03 plate DE engine) in suburban areas at rush hours, back & forth to work I'm seeing currently between 17mpg and 19mpg. Doesn't bother me but for some this would definitely put them off. Tax isn't cheap on the newer models as others have said and neither is servicing whatever the model especially if you intend on using Nissan Dealerships. :thumbs:

Doubt many on here would care for a Nissan stamped book. I'd rather have a good Indy stamp any day & that goes for most manufactures IMO. You'll be talking about small change at the end of the day between a tuned MPS & a zed for servicing & running costs.

Depends how much difference there is between nissan and independant for servicing but would rather go to nissan, just looms better on the stamp

When I bought my Zed it had 12 Nissan service stamps and probably 3 from independents. I wanted at first to keep the car Nissan maintained, ..so took it to my local Nissan dealer for the spark plugs to be changed. Cost me around £220 all in for the job. Afterwards I inspected my engine bay only to find damage on my MAF unit (chunks taken out of the plastic) where I had put a brand new K&N service sticker (you know the one that says "lifetime filter: do not discard") so it was noticable. Really pi**ed me off and I'm never going back there for service work as they obviously don't give the care a customers car deserves or maybe it was just because my car is not brand new. Either way my local garage guy is much more caring with customers cars, has good knowledge and is about half the price to do the same jobs. If/when I want something more important doing I'll just drive it up to Abbey Motorsport or similar reputable tuner to get them do the work. ;) Edited by GMballistic

Tbh honest if mpg is a deciding factor mate I would look at something else, trust me you dont buy these cars if mpg is on your mind.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've seen this statement about a million times on this forum and quite frankly it's a load of old balls! How many of us would have the Zed if it only achieved 10mpg around town, bearing in mind the amount of us that use them as daily drivers? I know I wouldn't be having one if it was going to drink a gallon every time it went to town and back!

Since the Zed actually has reasonable mpg, comparable to much smaller engined hot hatches and possibly a little better than Impreza's and Evo's, the whole statement becomes nil and void because the car very economical for what it is.

• Like 2

If it's a new car and under warranty then it has to be the dealer for obvious reasons

Such as? It doesn't have to be a dealer to maintain a warranty these days, if that's what you're suggesting?

Nah i know as long as they use approved parts to keep it within warranty

Ah ok. Didn't know that. Learnt something new today then. :thumbs: