sounds too good to be true??

Garyt350z

Hmmm I onow what u mean, but is the app radio not tailored towards iphones more? When I was readin the description is was iphone this and iphone that etc, does it still have 100% fuctionability with android like a galaxy s4? Also it doesnt play cds. And does it have gps?

Cheers fellas! :)

I think there are 2 versions of the Pioneer app phone. (I could be wrong though), but I did see 2 when I was HU shopping.

There's the iPhone specific one that BBK has linked to, but I think the reason for the ridiculously reduced price is the fact it is not compatible with the new iPhone 5, 5S or 5C. (States at the bottom of the ad).

There is another Pioneer App radio that IS compatible with all other smartphones, but this is a lot more expensive (rarely reduced in price).

Yeah I just found all that out myself there too in the past hour of ebaying!lol I think am gonna go for the 'xtrons' one in my link, veryyy reasonably priced and does everything, just needa buy patch leads for bose system and a £18 nav sd card from 'sygic'. So for about £180 I'l have a system that pioneer and alpine etc would slap a £300+ price tag on!

Headunits dont increase bhp so I'l keep the big bucks for them parts! :D

Let us know how it all goes Gary including which patch leads are needed etc. And take some pics when you're installing it for a guide which may be of use to anyone else thinking of doing the same...... ;):thumbs:

EDIT - Beaten to it by the blue one. :teeth:

Edited by 14N

Am basing my replacment project on this guide I found http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

I know its only as far as removal and hoping if I buy the £44 patch kit on ebay I should have enough cables/links to connect everything up!

Am just gonna buy everything I may possibly need such as cage and surround too because it would be hateful to have it all wired and not being able to finish the job!

Also, when they say this 'xtrons' make can work with sterrin controls but not the analogue one, whats the difference? :/

That is similar to the one I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171030204354?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 - which is totally awesome ('tho' mine was in one of this guy's frequent sales). Some of these non-branded units are actually really good!

Come against any problems with the install mate? Any heads up would be great! :D Do u have the bose system and have u it linked with the steering contols?

Just to clear things up on the AppRadio front. I have a Pioneer AppRadio2 and it works with my iPhone 5.

HOWEVER I did have to buy a lighting cable, HDMI to lightning converter, HDMI cable and update the firmware on the AppRadio before it would support iPhone5's

Edit: Also there is an AppRadio3 now. http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/299/35829/SPH-DA110/page.html

No mention of 5c/5s support but I would expect it would work fine as it does with the 5.

This one also supports a lot more android phones than the AppRadio2

Edited by longsh07