Intake options

Spatt

Hi Guys and Gals....

Whats the thoughts on a nice after market intake filter?

i heard you lose power but gain a nice intake noise... and ... ...not that it really matters much, but i guess you lose fuel economy too? :shrug:

is it something that can be removed pretty easy? so can 'Braaaaap' round some 'A' roads for a while then go to asda with my standard intake when i want to hear the exhaust?

So recommendations on an intake that sounds great please!

oh.... what the fudge is a pop charger ?!

Fuel economy won't change

Open filter increases noise but removes bhp

Closed filter increases bhp (for a bit unless you Uprev) and keeps the OEM noise level

Popcharger is a brand name like Typhoon

Popcharger is cheap and will do all you need it to

Conclusion: Buy a Popcharger

Found a 'popcharger' for about £150 so might get this ordered soon... looking at some engine bays though i have noticed a chrome intake pipe and was wondering does this come with a filter kit or will i fit my popcharger onto one if i buy it later?

I will be selling both an ARC intake and an AEM short ram in the next few weeks when I return my car to stock

ok cool... well i am gunna be after one and just checked both them out on google images and they look sweet.. does your ARC have the cover? and do they sound nice?

please PM me

Takeda intake is top class, received mine from tarmac at the start of the week and I think am gonna loose my license verrrry soon with being addicted to the purring!lol :D looks the business too with the pipe too!

Found a 'popcharger' for about £150 so might get this ordered soon... looking at some engine bays though i have noticed a chrome intake pipe and was wondering does this come with a filter kit or will i fit my popcharger onto one if i buy it later?

Yeah, popcharger is just filter and bracket, if you check on the website there's also a Berk polished intake tube.

Takeda comes with the polished pipe so if that's the look you want then its a cheaper option

Takeda intake is top class, received mine from tarmac at the start of the week and I think am gonna loose my license verrrry soon with being addicted to the purring!lol :D looks the business too with the pipe too!

Yeah, popcharger is just filter and bracket, if you check on the website there's also a Berk polished intake tube.

Takeda comes with the polished pipe so if that's the look you want then its a cheaper option

Cheers for the heads up.. i'll consider a Takeda from ebay (Around 130quid) not bad... is the intake sound as good as the pop?

Cheers for the heads up.. i'll consider a Takeda from ebay (Around 130quid) not bad... is the intake sound as good as the pop?

£130 ?

Its up to you but on ebay they are £130 + £45 delivery plus you will get charged customs vat and duty and usually a UK courier admin charge which will make it around £225. Which makes it £20 more than what I am selling them on the website for