Mines replica front lip install advise

mattfinch

Hi all

I have gone and bought a mines replica front lip and received it today. I wanted to have ago at fitting this myself before i take it to a bodyshop. Now the lip has no holes in it so am i guessing i just make some holes to match up with the current bolts that hold the standard little lip on. And then just bolt it on and help it out with some strong double sided tape.

The link for this lip is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mines-Front-Splitter-Lip-for-Nissan-350z-2003-2006-fibreglass-FRP-PRE-FACELIFT-/251359245567?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a862db4ff

Any help would really help :)

Thanks

Some strong sealant between the underside of the top that goes over the bumper bar and a couple of screws into the inner face of the wheel arch is what holds mine on VERY securely.

I had to trim the top back to clear my Zunsport grille (there are pics on my build thread).

David

• Like 1

Didnt take any chances with my CF Mines copy lip, had RT Performance fit it for me which they did a great job on.

Think its bonded in the centre and screwed on the wings.

Payco

• 2 weeks later...

I have the plastic version, note that it isn't fibreglass so it has a degree of elasticity which helps.

It does sometimes scrape on the odd speed hump (not all) and steep car park ramps can be "interesting"! I can feel a few minors scrapes but are all underneath (obviously!) and not visible.

As for parking facing a kerb, yes you could damage it but you get used to keeping a bit of distance.

Get one!

David

Edited by Tinyflier

I have got my lip on now and been driving around for about a week with it and had no problems. Was quite easy to fit all matched up well and used a small nut and bolt in the back of each wheel arch and stuck the uper lip bit to the bumper lip bar and looks very good. Would recomend getting one does make the bumper look much better. Also sprayed it matte black to match my badges :D

I have got my lip on now and been driving around for about a week with it and had no problems. Was quite easy to fit all matched up well and used a small nut and bolt in the back of each wheel arch and stuck the uper lip bit to the bumper lip bar and looks very good. Would recomend getting one does make the bumper look much better. Also sprayed it matte black to match my badges :D

pics??