Nismo LMGT4 cleaning... Polished??

Mike46

Hi guys,

I've just come to buy a new bottle of wheel cleaner, was looking at the Autofinesse Imperial, and noticed that it says not for use on polished or bare metal wheels.

Now I'm no expert but they look to me like a polished finish, but I guess they will still have some kind of lacquer over them?

Any help appreciated as I'm not sure if this cleaner is safe on my wheels or not.

3a2ude2e.jpg

I think it probably means the chrome outer part you find on some split rims like BBS's.

Nismo says "alumite & silver cutout"

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/competition/wheel/aluminum.html

Not heared of alumite but these might help.

http://www.misumi-techcentral.com/tt/en/surface/2011/08/092-functional-alumite-functional-anodic-oxide-coatings.html

http://www.misumiusa.com/blog.aspx?category=Materials%2C+Surface+Treatments+and+Hardness&blogid=86

Similar to anodizing.

So basically I have no idea if it will be safe :lol:

Sorry! Hope some of this helps!

Wheel woolies and normal car shampoo, I've never really needed anything stronger except for badly neglected wheels that have years worth of baked on brake dust.

Once they're clean, seal them with a decent coating and you shouldn't need anything more than a pressure washer to clean them again.

I've had my LMGT-4s for over 6 yrs on my zed now.

The zed is my daily driver.

I've never needed more than normal shampoo and gentle agitation with a micro fibre cloth to clen the wheels.

Every month or so I use an all in one cleanser wheel sealant namely WHEEL GAURD by Chemical Guys and that's it.

Your rims look in good condition so I doubt you'll need much more.

Regular shampoo then a sealant of your choice.

Bilberry , if diluted properly, should be fine mate. Is an alkaline apc essentially

Good to know. They could do with a refurb but no point making them worse, the lip is currently the better part of the wheels.

Yup most people forget to dilute it. I've moved away from traditional wheel cleaners and moved onto iron x type products and shampoo. Best product I've ever used is sonax total effect wheel cleaner but not sure if ok for polished rims

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bilberry , if diluted properly, should be fine mate. Is an alkaline apc essentially

Good to know. They could do with a refurb but no point making them worse, the lip is currently the better part of the wheels.

Yup most people forget to dilute it. I've moved away from traditional wheel cleaners and moved onto iron x type products and shampoo. Best product I've ever used is sonax total effect wheel cleaner but not sure if ok for polished rims

The Sonax is PH neutral and safe on all types of rims, including polished. :)

The Sonax is PH neutral and safe on all types of rims, including polished. :)

Buy some of this then - is brilliant!